All - Star voting

Matt
VIP
VIP

All - Star voting

#1 Post by Matt »

No talk yet on the ALL-STAR voting, but I have to pump two of my guys.

Michael Kelly was robbed of a starting spot last year, but there is no way he should be denied this year. His 27.3 VORP is 16.8 points higher than the next best third baseman in the IL. He's having a monster year. He should be the starter at 3b.

Alfredo Benitez leads the league in hitting, and his 24.3 VORP is 6.6 points higher than the next best at 1b, who also happens to be a Calzone now, Pexago.

The other positions -

C - Cline. Wright a nice year, tough call, but Cline has the game changing power.

2b - Richardson. I like the year Gainey is having too, but again, the power.

Ss - former Calzone Ortega. Another solid season unfolding.

Lf- Wood.

CF- Miller, another Calzone. I give the nod here because he is the more complete player. While Hansen, Cordova, and Aragon all do something well, Miller is the only guy you will find near the top of almost every category.

RF - Bernal - I can't believe this guy is still on the trading block.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Reg »

well I thought I would throw in my 2 cents here..specially to toot the horn for my own players...surprise surprise...

Trendsetters who are handsdown all stars -
C Jeff Cline he is now batting .357 with 13 HR and 43 RBIs
DH Ernest Conard - his injury will hurt his stats, but even still he has been one of the best hitters in the imperial league if not the best
SP Conan McCullough- this one i am cheating on cause I looked at the votes and people have voted for him...but honestly mostly they are seeing the aura of the golden arm award..Conan has been dominant but not anything close to last years season and he has only managed 3 wins
MR Joaquin Hernandez - pitched 45 innings and allowed only 8 runs

Trendsetters who shoudl probably be all-stars but will miss the vote-

Number 1 - SP Chris Nicholson - tied for second in wins, but his resume includes a 9 inning shut out of the NJ Hitmen. Sports a modest 2.83 era...but is stuck in a rotation that he gets no buzz in

Number 2 - SS John Deschamps - 2nd year player who has come into his own at the top of the Trendsetter lineup - Either he or Ortega leads the SS stat categories, Ortega has more HR's and steals, and RBI's and gets paid 5.6 mil a year more than Deschamps..either player would be a great starter at SS
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Denny »

I would just like to go on record as saying I was NOT the one to cast a lone vote for several nominated Codgers such as Cristobal Pacheco, Jason Lloyd, etc. (though I DID cast the only vote for John Gustafson :grin: ). Apparently the Palm Springs franchise has a secret admirer! :D :-o
Matt
VIP
VIP

#4 Post by Matt »

I think it's John. He was reportedly seen sporting a salmon sport coat in the Aurora owners box.
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Coqui »

Calzones wrote:I think it's John. He was reportedly seen sporting a salmon sport coat in the Aurora owners box.
No, that was just a normal coat he had thrown up on.

In another note, I believe we had 100% owner participation in the all-star voting. Nice work guys. Or maybe I did the math wrong.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

We certainly did have 100% participation. Even Scott, the prospective new owner of the Underground, got in on the action! Hats off to everyone for taking the time to vote and making such astute picks! ;-D

So would you like to know how it all played out? No need to wait for the new league file... head over to the homepage and see right now!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

I should mention that the 2008 All-Star Game will be held in beautiful Gnat Field, located in Crystal Lake, IL. Gnat Field underwent major had a festival before the season to celebrate the major renovations to the park: you can read about it here.

The SL will be looking to make it 2-0 over the IL when the two squads meet up on Saturday. The SL All-Stars cruised to victory 10-3 in last year's inaugural All-Star Game, held at New Jersey's Mercer County Waterfront Park.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”