favorite stat line so far

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

favorite stat line so far

#1 Post by Reg »

after a quick glance through the box scores here is my favorite stat line so far from my team

Rob Lambert IP 6.0 H 1 R 0 ER 0 BB 7 K 4

the spread just struck me as funny :)
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: favorite stat line so far

#2 Post by John »

Trendsetters wrote:Rob Lambert IP 6.0 H 1 R 0 ER 0 BB 7 K 4
That right there would be the textbook definition of "effectively wild".

Man, it sucks not being able to check my box scores while the HTML reports are uploading! :cry:
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Ironman award

#3 Post by Zephyrs »

Talk about trying to build stamina for a starting pitcher...and crush his confidence at the same time. :-)

P Sanchez IP 8.0 H 15 R 14 BB 8 K 4 HR 1 PI 186 PS 108

186 pitches? WOW

:-)
Paul
Reno Tenpinners
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ironman award

#4 Post by John »

Tenpinners wrote:P Sanchez IP 8.0 H 15 R 14 BB 8 K 4 HR 1 PI 186 PS 108
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm glad you noticed this because it illustrates the importance of properly setting your lineup/rotation. This was an unusual situation; Tempe had just swung a trade at the start of the sim which left him with only 9 pitchers on the active roster. What happened here was that all his relievers (only 4 of them) were exhausted from overuse, so Sanchez was left in to sink or swim. Naturally, he sunk.

So what can you do to avoid this? Since it's Spring Training, you're allowed 40 players on the active roster. Use this to your advantage: have extra depth available to cover for injuries and other events that might otherwise leave you short.

Also, when you're making a trade you should prepare to be short for the length of the sim. Just like in real life, it takes a few days for new acquisitions to begin playing for your team. Fill that time by promoting a minor leaguer that you'll safely be able to option once your new players arrive.

That is one ungodly stat line, though. By the way, Daniel Sutton threw 148 pitches the next day and Ricardo Hernandez tossed 152 against Yuma on the 18th. Tempe is going to have to convert his trainer's room into a morgue at this rate! :lol:

EDIT: Look who's talking... my #6 starter threw 176 pitches against Fargo! I have 8 guys in the bullpen but I was using them pretty liberally; guess I'll have to keep an eye on my reliever usage strategy.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Ironman award

#5 Post by Reg »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
EDIT: Look who's talking... my #6 starter threw 176 pitches against Fargo! I have 8 guys in the bullpen but I was using them pretty liberally; guess I'll have to keep an eye on my reliever usage strategy.
One thing to keep in mind is that in spring training your starter is only good for four or five innings regardless of how they are pitching so you are gonna have a extra strain on relievers....not that keeping an eye on your reliver usage is a bad idea :grin:
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”