Cherry Creek Chronicles: An Aurora Borealis Team Blog

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cherry Creek Chronicles: An Aurora Borealis Team Blog

#1 Post by John »

NOTE: This blog derives its name from Cherry Creek State Park, the location of Northern Lights Park which is home to our beloved Aurora Borealis.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

So who's got the inside track on the 5th starter role? Does Tillman's big spring earn him the job?
-- by derrick_gordon

My buddy who works in the front office says Tillman's the guy. Madrid and Yamauchi are going to be sent down.
-- by BORINGalice

How do they justify sending down Yamauchi? This kid's got so much talent... I hate to think the message that's being sent to him. "Sorry, but a 2.81 ERA, 3 wins and 13 Ks isn't good enough." Anybody else think this could be a big blow to his confidence?
-- by TomTum

So we're paying Madrid $2.4 million to pitch at AAA? Hooray for money well spent. It's not like we could have used that to sign Salvador Bernal to a long-term contract.
-- by NegativeZero

Wow, this is one crazy logjam. Didn't we just trade away two of our best pitchers to avoid this very situation? I don't see how keeping Yamauchi and Madrid at Thornton helps us in any way. The thing that strikes me is we're just one injury away from Scott Brown, starting infielder. Shouldn't we be packaging these guys for a better option? I hear Miguel Angel Hernández is on the block.
-- by pozitron

I'd be real careful about rushing into a trade. Yeah, we're one injury away from Brown starting, but make a trade and we'll be one injury away from Jesús Encarnación or Pancho Montaño in our rotation. Think they're ready? And pozitron, do you really believe Hernández is that big a step up from Brown? Or are you looking for someone to lead the team in RBI Baseball scuffles?
-- by ViceOfReason

Return to “League News and Articles”