Personel Leaving

Matt
VIP
VIP

Personel Leaving

#1 Post by Matt »

Sadly, I noticed that a great many teams had coaches or scouts with contracts expiring at the end of the 2007 season and failed to re-sign those coaches to extensions. At the conclusion of the minor league seasons, those coaches departed. I would say a vast majority of the teams in the league lost a coach or scout at some level of their system, with Tempe being hit by a mass exodus. (or mass suicide, details are still sketchy).
For those that have lost personel, I would point out that not all is lost, as the conclusion of the winter leagues should see more personel released into the pool as their contracts expire. And then next spring any remaining openings might be filled by personel leaving the high school and college ranks.
If you haven't yet done so, check out your minor league coaching staffs and see if you lost any coaches or scouts, because you'll have to start planning to find replacements.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#2 Post by Matt »

The following teams have major league personel that have not yet been signed to extensions and will have contracts expiring at the end of 2007. This means if they are not resigned prior to the end of the playoffs those personel will leave and be free to sign elsewhere-

Florida - scout Lloyd Walter
Gloucester- scout Luis Parra
Kalamazoo - scout George Cochran
Kentucky - hitting coach Juan Sanchez
London - scout Rafael ramirez
Omaha - scout Edgardo Mortigo
Reno- scout Jon Harris
Tempe - scout Jose Sandoval
Yuma -pitching coach John Baldridge and scout Dave Thomas
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Thank you for that list; it's very helpful! I may contact those owners to make sure they're aware of their pending departures.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”