The time is almost here

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#16 Post by Hitmen »

I'd rather they drop to 154 games and start 10 days later.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Matt
VIP
VIP

#17 Post by Matt »

In the 70's and 80's they started that late, played 162, and still finished the season by the end of Sept or maybe first couple of October. But every team scheduled at least 3 double headers then. Real double headers, one ticket you see both games. Not this bullshit day/night doubleheaders where you have to pay for each game, and which the players hate because they are at the ballpark for about 18 hours.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Ghosts »

Hitmen wrote:I'd rather they drop to 154 games and start 10 days later.
i've been screaming about this for years.

it makes so much sense...except mlb will lose a few million dollars i'm sure, which is why it will never happen.

my only argument is that they should shave off time at the end of the season. i'm so sick of freezing cold world series games....
Matt
VIP
VIP

#19 Post by Matt »

The reason for the stupid World Series games in November is the ridiculous playoff schedule. No flexibility in it. The Rockies were off for 9 freaking days before the World Series started.
They need to play the first two rounds with just one off day. It's not the 40's, they don't need two days to travel from Boston to Cleveland anymore. (Unless their taking Greyhound).
If both playoff series end quick, let's get the next one started two days later, not 6 days later because that's what they have scheduled to maximize TV ratings.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Tyler »

The game was epic, by the way. :grin:
Badgers

#21 Post by Badgers »

Coal Sox wrote:The game was epic, by the way. :grin:
'Twas a great game today. I told Gutz after the game that if he played like that everyday, I'd finally propose to him.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Tyler »

As anyone who was reading the LGT threads knows, I was in physics class for the first three innings. Gameday kept on displaing "in play, run(s)" the entire second inning and I kept having seizures. I was giving sly high-fives to the Indians fans sitting in the row behind me.

The moment the professor snapped his briefcase shut I whirled around, they yelled "7-2!" and we all exchanged visible, emphatic high fives. We got weird looks. 8)
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Hitmen »

Calzones wrote:In the 70's and 80's they started that late, played 162, and still finished the season by the end of Sept or maybe first couple of October. But every team scheduled at least 3 double headers then. Real double headers, one ticket you see both games. Not this bullshit day/night doubleheaders where you have to pay for each game, and which the players hate because they are at the ballpark for about 18 hours.
Problem is the wild-card round too, they need the entire month of October apparently for the crapshoot that is a 5 game series.

How about doubleheaders where one ticket gets you in to both games, but charge 150% of normal ticket price? I'd still go.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#24 Post by John »

Hitmen wrote:How about doubleheaders where one ticket gets you in to both games, but charge 150% of normal ticket price? I'd still go.
I'd go for that as well. I'm sure those running MLB would say they don't need that kind of promotion, though. Too bad, as it'd be a nice solution to the problem.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”