Rocco Baldelli

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rocco Baldelli

#1 Post by John »

http://blogs.tampabay.com/rays/2008/03/baldelli.html

Sympathies go out to Rocco Baldelli, who is suffering from a condition that prevents his muscles from properly recovering. While he didn't officially announce it today, you have to believe his career is likely over before it ever really begun. Of far more concern at this point is Baldelli's long-term prognosis; he indicated that the condition could potentially be life-threatening.

Baldelli was blessed with an enormous amount of innate baseball talent and it's a shame that his potential will likely not be realized. Best of wishes go out to him during his recovery.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Tyler »

Eeeh, I just saw the headline "Baldelli on the DL for fatigue" and skipped it. I had no idea the condition could be life threatening. Best wishes to Rocco. :o
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Hitmen »

Screw Baldelli, I've taken him in every fantasy league for the last several years, only to be disappointed. :twisted:

Seriously though, I hope they figure out what's wrong and he can move on with his life, whether he's playing ball or not.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”