The worst manager in baseball

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#31 Post by Apollos »

When he sells the team I can't see how the new owner will compete with a 100 yr old park with no skyboxes or parking. Since they made the stadium a landmark they will either have to rescind it or move to another location in the Chicago area.

If the City owns the park then I suppose the situation could change. I know the Sox were forced to build the Cell in a bad demographic location because they received tax payer funds. Reisndorf was smart enough to get a nice rent deal when attendance is low.

Maybe the Cubs will get a similar deal. I'm not so sure though because the park is falling apart and the city would have to fix it or suffer liability.

It's an interesting situation.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Ghosts »

wrigley isn't going anywhere: check out these financials. they are in fantastic shape and any gain they would get from parking/more seats would surely be lost in the cost of moving/new stadium and the huge PR hit they would take:

http://www.cubshub.com/?p=201
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#33 Post by Apollos »

Maybe your right - we shall see. They will have to renovate it somehow then. If I was a player I wouldn't want to go there

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”