Draft pool is online

What kind of rating system would you prefer?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:01 am

1-10
22%
20-80
22%
1-100
56%

Total votes: 9

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Draft pool is online

#1 Post by John »

PEBA owners can now access the draft pool through the "Draft Utility" option on the websites user control panel. Here's the direct link: http://peba.allsimbaseball3.com/cgi-bin ... page=login.

A standard password has been mailed to all owners. I suggest you make changing your password your first order of business upon logging in.

The draft utility will allow you to sort hitters and pitchers by up to three criteria and to view players' actual or potential ratings. You can greater detail on a player by clicking on his name. Add players of interest to your draft list, then save that list: this will serve as your pre-ranking sheet and help our draft be conducted quickly and painlessly.

Our draft will begin Saturday, Nov. 3rd (start time TBD). Use the upcoming week to scout out the cream of the draft crop!
Last edited by John on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James Bowman

#2 Post by James Bowman »

I had a question about the change in the ratings system. It is a lot harder to discern differences between talent levels using a 1-10 system as opposed to a 20-80 system and I therefore would DEFINITELY prefer a return to the 20-80 system.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Fair enough. I also liked the 20-80 system but was concerned it might be confusing for some.

Let's put it to a vote. I've updated this thread with a poll. Owners can choose between three rating systems: 1-10, 20-80, or 1-100. I'll refrain from voting so you all can decide what system you like best. Whatever result has the most votes by Tuesday morning will be what we go with.

Note that a change to the rating system won't change the skill level of any players; it only affects how the ratings are reported. For the 1-10 scale, a top power hitter will get a 10 in Power. For the 20-80 scale that same hitter will get either a 75 or 80. For the 1-100 scale he'll be in the 95-100 range. Still the same player; just a different way of expressing his skill.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Denny »

As the Statesmen said, I too prefer the finer gradations you can get with the 20-80 system, as opposed to just a 1-10 system.

Normally I'd be indifferent to 20-80 vs. 1-100, but if 20-80 is the system actual MLB scouts use, I'm inclined to go for that.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”