Could not open a connection to the FTP server

Jim

#1 Post by Jim »

I just got an "Could not open a connection to the FTP server" error when trying to load online league file. I had the same thing about an hour ago. I'll keep trying every once in a while. Anyone else having trouble?
James Bowman

Re: Could not open a connection to the FTP server

#2 Post by James Bowman »

Hey Jim,

The download from the website (out-of-game) seems to be working. Perhaps you could try it that way. Is this the first time you've tried to import from within OOTP X?
Jim

#3 Post by Jim »

Statesmen wrote:Hey Jim,

The download from the website (out-of-game) seems to be working. Perhaps you could try it that way.
Let me give that a try.
Statesmen wrote: Is this the first time you've tried to import from within OOTP X?
No, I had no problem with the prior updates.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Hitmen »

Cliff Hangers wrote:I just got an "Could not open a connection to the FTP server" error when trying to load online league file. I had the same thing about an hour ago. I'll keep trying every once in a while. Anyone else having trouble?
I've been messing around with an older version of the file to see if I could fix my 2x Gerald Francis issue, but now I am having this same issue. I can't update the file in game any longer.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

Since I know the majority of the league has successfully updated in game, I'm guessing this must be a temporary thing that just the two of your are experiencing. I'd suggest following Jon's suggestion and manually downloading/installing the league file for the homepage. My guess is that the in-game download will start working for you again after our next sim. If it doesn't, we'll see about looking into it further.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

Interestingly enough I've not had a problem with PEBA, but my other online league I have, each of the last two sims. Each time when I tried a second time (shortly after the first) it worked. Jim have you experienced that with the EAB as well?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Matt
VIP
VIP

#7 Post by Matt »

I had only one issue along these lines, and it has resolved itself.

In between sims I bought a new laptop. I had already exported my moves and when I loaded the game on the new laptop, I installed the file and tried to import my moves. No dice. Started from scratch and still no dice. Had the latest file, but it wouldn't import the moves. So I had to wait for the next sim, which downloaded perfectly in game. And now I am also able to import my moves if need be, I tested that. No clue as to why it wouldn't before, and not sure if any of this information is pertinent.
Jim

#8 Post by Jim »

Borealis wrote:Jim have you experienced that with the EAB as well?
No trouble there.

Get the same error after downloading the league file. Strange thing is that I can export via FTP without a problem. Something strange in that I can't get the league update via FTP but can export successfully.

Oh, I see in the FTP options that the user-names are different for downloads and uploads. Strange that it's working for most other users, but just not for two of us.
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Mike Dunn »

FWIW, I had this same error msg last (Friday) night. As a new owner, I had dl'd the league file yesterday out of game, but then tried the update in game to make sure I had the latest. The 'cannot open server' msg resulted, rather than the 'no new league file' message I'd have expected. I have since exported based solely on the original download, so I hope that was okay.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by John »

PROBLEM FIXED
I discovered what was causing this problem, and it has been fixed. You may now resume downloading in-game normally.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Jim

#11 Post by Jim »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:
PROBLEM FIXED
I discovered what was causing this problem, and it has been fixed.
Thanks John, Your Grrrrreeeat!

Everything fine on my end now. Back to business as normal.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”