new league file

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: new league file

#31 Post by Denny »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:PC users won't have any advantage because there will be no sim on Wednesday night. I was simply waiting until the morning to send off a mailing informing the group that the sim will be delayed in order to provide time for the Mac patch to be released and Mac owners to thoroughly look through the new file.

Hindsight, as they say, is 20/20. It's easy to say that releasing an OOTP X league file was a mistake now. At the time of the release, however, we were being told that a Mac version of the patch was not days but hours away. Clearly that assessment was wildly optimistic. Still, that's the information that was in hand at the time.

Long story short: You make decisions based on the info you have, then adjust as needed. Our adjustment will be to delay our first OOTP X sim.
Very true John; to be honest, before the release was announced it didn't even cross my mind that there would be a significant difference in when the patches came out. Put together with the excitement of finally being able to do something PEBA-related, after so many weeks of waiting, I probably would have made the same decision taht you did, were I commissioner (and owned a PC so I could actually convert the league file :grin: ). Like I said the blame largely falls at the feet of the OOTP team--although even there, I can't blame them too much, as I'm sure they wanted to be able to release something, anything, after so many delays.

Anyway, thanks for delaying the sim on behalf of us poor backward Mac folk :grin: and sorry to force your hand, as it were. :-x
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Borealis »

Codgers wrote:Anyway, thanks for delaying the sim on behalf of us poor backward Mac folk :grin: and sorry to force your hand, as it were. :-x
Ooooo... Don't apologize for using a Mac, we're not backwards. At least our OS wasn't stolen from it's competitor..... cough.... windows..... cough

ok.... lots of supposed 'thievery' occurs in the computer world! But I'm not shy to admit to being a Mac snob!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats (Bill)

#33 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Backward Mac folk!??! What you talking about Willis? Mac's are far superior to PC's in technology and reliability. Accessibility for software is another story. :grin:

John, I wasn't trying to infer any kind of error or mistake whatsoever in case you or anybody interpreted it that way. I was simply stating a fact. For the past few days, PC users have been able to view data about PEBA/LRS under the OOTPX format and Mac users have not. Meaning that PC users have access to better(updated) information and can make more informed decisions about trades, etc.

If I was in your shoes, I would have most likely made the exact same decision you made. You make your decisions based on what you believe will be best for the league/owners. You did just that. I honestly don't believe any owner in PEBA/LRS could do a better job acting as commissioner than you. I certainly wouldn't want your job. :grin: I'm not kissing ass either, just telling it like it is. If I think you screwed up, I'll tell you so. You do an exceptionally thorough and efficient job running the show and that is the truth!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by Duane »

I'll drink to that ... and another thing - hey wait a minute, Sweeney, where's that glass of bourbon??? :-?
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”