Hello Everyone!

Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hello Everyone!

#1 Post by Hitmen »

Hello everyone!

This is Michael Czosnyka the new GM of the New Jersey Hitmen and I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for extending this invitation to me to join your league. I look forward to working and playing against everyone and wish everyone luck in this first year of OOTPX use. I can't wait to get started on getting the Hitmen back to their inaugural season championship form!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Hello Everyone!

#2 Post by Akira »

Welcome Micheal,
Nice to see the ranks off PEBA being rounded out. While I won't be competeing or trading with you, since I'm in the LRS, I'll be watching your progress from afar (east). Good luck,
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Matt
VIP
VIP

#3 Post by Matt »

Welcome.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Welcome to the PEBA, Michael! We're very glad to have you with us. New Jersey is a franchise that has experienced a great deal of success during our four years of play. They slumped a little last year, but I have no doubt you can get them turned around in short order. Hopefully you enjoy making trades, and if you do you'll find that you've landed in the right league. Expect to hear from Matt of San Antonio in 3... 2... 1... :lol:

I should mention that Michael has extensive experience playing the solo side of OOTP, something I keep intending to delve into but have yet to find time for. He has created his own fictional Balto-Slavic League Baseball, which I think sounds like a fascinating setting for a league. I for one would like to hear more about this if you care to share. Michael is also a Cubs fan. I know Bill of Crystal Lake used to be a die hard Cubs fan; I don't know if any of our other members still are?

This is actually "New Michael #1". "New Michael #2" will hopefully be joining us shortly. Please be sure to extend a welcome to both!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by klewis »

Welcome to the league Michael! We will be transfering to OOTPX very shortly. You take over a team that is quite good with some solid history (inaugural champs).

Once you get accustomed with your team, I may be interested in contacting you for some trade offers :)
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Tyler »

Woo-hoo, new owner in New Jersey! Welcome aboard, Michael! It's nice to see the IL getting another top-notch owner so we can continue our dominance. :mrgreen:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Hitmen »

Thanks everyone, I do like trading so once I can get my hands on the file I will be open to trade ideas.

Yes I am a big Cubs fan, have been ever since I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. Even now when I live in WI there seem to be more Cub fans around in my area than Brewer fans, but granted I do live just over the border.

This is only my 2nd online league so I will tend to have questions from time to time so I am sure many of you will be of some help to me in that department. I have been playing OOTPX in solo mode since release and have been simming and trying to perfect my fantasy world of the Balto-Slavic League Baseball. That fact that PEBA is 2 leagues ranging from different parts of the world is very exciting for me as it reminds me of my fantasy league.

Some quick information about my league if anyone is interested is it is a league based in the balto-slavic speaking regions of Europe. I am polish so the league is founded in Poland with teams originating in nearby Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, Russia, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Ukraine, Serbia, and Bulgaria to name a few. I have it begin in the 50's to gather some history usually till about the 70s or early 80s which I then hold numerous expansion drafts over a short period of time to get the league up to a total of 30 teams. I have the league mimic the MLB with 5 levels of minor leagues. I have fictional team names for real cities along with team logos, and since I recently upgraded from Gimp to Photoshop, I have recently been doing lots of custom cap/jersey/team logo work for all my teams.

I have started over many times as I am always tweaking it to try and get a "best as possible" version in which I plan to play out every game in for my favorite team the Krakow Crows. I have also recently tinkered with the addition of a College system that uses all real colleges from the various countries with fictional team names and such. Its my own little baby and I enjoy messing around with it constantly. I even have a rough Polish winter league I started messing with as well. If anyone would care for more in depth information feel free to contact me.

I also have been playing around with photoshop a lot recently so I am getting pretty decent at making logos and such so feel free to bug me for that as well if you want something done.

Well that's just a little bit of information about me. I look forward to getting started!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
James Bowman

#8 Post by James Bowman »

A new "boss" in town eh?

Welcome to the league Michael!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Great to have another owner in the league who's handy with Photoshop! Alan, Kevin and Tyler have been big helps with getting custom art added, but of course we have so many teams that it's quite a job getting them all done. I may eventually inquire as to your availability for a little artwork. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Denny »

Welcome Michael #1!
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Sandgnats (Bill)

#11 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

I used to have a polish girlfriend in high school, but she never taught me welcome. :cry: I can offer you Bienvenidos. At least Spain is in Europe! :lol:

Anyway, good luck with the Hitmen! You'll be a little tight on funds this year, but a little trading will take care of that. If you want to trade at all, Matt(San Antonio) is the man. He rarely hangs on to players for more than a year(I'm being literal), so he's your man to trade anybody at all! :grin:

I checked the list of available owners and you were ranked the #1 Michael. I'm impressed my friend. OK, I'll stop with the corny jokes. Have fun and if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to offer my help!

May the conversion to OOTPX be kind to your organization.
Jim

#12 Post by Jim »

zdrasztvitchyah MIchael! Glad to have you aboard! :D

Sounds like some nice leagues you are running. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who starts leagues, restarts them, tweaks them, starts a new (better) league,... Sometimes I think I have more fun creating leagues than playing them.

I have been learning to use GIMP, but cannot afford photoshop. I'm curious, since you've used both, how do they compare?

I'm another one of the LRS owner/gm's, so we can't trad. But maybe we'll have some posting system interaction down the road.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#13 Post by Maulers »

Welcome to the league, Michael!
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Aaron Tassano

#14 Post by Aaron Tassano »

Some quick information about my league if anyone is interested is it is a league based in the balto-slavic speaking regions of Europe. I am polish so the league is founded in Poland with teams originating in nearby Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, Russia, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Ukraine, Serbia, and Bulgaria to name a few. I have it begin in the 50's to gather some history usually till about the 70s or early 80s which I then hold numerous expansion drafts over a short period of time to get the league up to a total of 30 teams. I have the league mimic the MLB with 5 levels of minor leagues. I have fictional team names for real cities along with team logos, and since I recently upgraded from Gimp to Photoshop, I have recently been doing lots of custom cap/jersey/team logo work for all my teams.
This sounds great. Can we see some of the logos? The Pirates recently signed the first Lithuanian player and there have been a few signed from Czech. I think the Indians actually signed one this past year. Croatia hosted part of the world cup, Russia has had at least two signees, but what I'm really wondering is if baseball is played in Belarus.
Anyway, welcome. Nice to see the proud logo of the '07 champs around now and again on the forum.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by John »

Arsenal wrote:
This sounds great. Can we see some of the logos? The Pirates recently signed the first Lithuanian player and there have been a few signed from Czech. I think the Indians actually signed one this past year. Croatia hosted part of the world cup, Russia has had at least two signees, but what I'm really wondering is if baseball is played in Belarus.
Anyway, welcome. Nice to see the proud logo of the '07 champs around now and again on the forum.
I second the call for viewing the logos you've made, Michael. BTW Aaron, you're correct, the Indians did sign a Czech player this year. His name is Martin Cervenka and he's a 16-year-old catcher. We're probably going to be seeing more and more signings from Eastern Europe, making Michael's baseball setup more plausible than ever before.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”