Any insights into increasing immersion?

klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Any insights into increasing immersion?

#16 Post by klewis »

Another thing that helps immersion that I find is participating on the forums. This is two-fold. One, it helps owners to know one another better. Also, it helps you to acquaint yourself with the players around the league. As a bonus, you may develop some good trading partners in the process too. Getting to know one another is the fun part of a league I think. This is what makes an online league organic.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any insights into increasing immersion?

#17 Post by John »

Featherheads wrote:Another thing that helps immersion that I find is participating on the forums. This is two-fold. One, it helps owners to know one another better. Also, it helps you to acquaint yourself with the players around the league. As a bonus, you may develop some good trading partners in the process too. Getting to know one another is the fun part of a league I think. This is what makes an online league organic.
I'll quote this because this is pretty much my exact philosophy, and it's why I put so much emphasis on cultivating conversation on our forums. To me, a league is its connection between owners. Without it, you really don't have anything special at all; you're just passing time. With it, you never know what you've got, but it's very likely something good.

When most leagues shutter their doors, that's all she wrote. When the PEBA sims its last game, will the experience end? Or will some of us have developed relationships such that they carry on beyond that end point? I expect it will be the latter.

And Kevin is right: In the here-and-now, participating on the forums increases immersion in several ways, not the least of which being that it opens up trade opportunities. Heck, I think every 10 posts by a PEBA owner gets you a trade with San Antonio. :grin:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”