Homerun leaders

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Homerun leaders

#1 Post by Reg »

while wasting time before driving to Chicago to get on a plane to Colorado I was perusing through the homerun leaders and realized that for career leaders 8 out of the 10 are lefthanded batters, the only exceptions being Cal Edwards who swings a right handed bat adn Augusto Valdez who is a switch hitter and one of the more underrated Trendsetters....not that I am biased... :grin:
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Homerun leaders

#2 Post by John »

There may be a good reason for that. I was similarly noting that a number of our ballparks favor left-handed hitters. Northern Lights Park, for instance, is heavily skewed in favor of HR-hitting lefties, and I've built around that by stocking up on left-handed hitters in my lineup.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Maulers »

Manchester's Whiten Field is one of those parks that caters to left-handed power and is death on right-handed power. It's modeled after the old League Park, so the dimensions are quite unique. I think that Denny's park also has a short porch.
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Tyler »

The deep power alleys in Allegheny Field have led me to stock up on the gap-power lefties (Tom Kirkland...he's so dreamy!) :-B
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Denny »

Maulers wrote:Manchester's Whiten Field is one of those parks that caters to left-handed power and is death on right-handed power. It's modeled after the old League Park, so the dimensions are quite unique. I think that Denny's park also has a short porch.
Yes, Elderberry Field (remarkably similar to Ebbets Field in dimensions and appearance) is very lefty-friendly.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”