Who gets the last wild card

Who will claim the final Wild Card spots in the IL/SL?

New Orleans
20%
San Antonio
20%
New Jersey
No votes
Connecticut
5%
Arlington
No votes
Bakersfield
40%
Tempe
5%
Fargo
10%
Canton
No votes
Kalamazoo
No votes

Total votes: 20

Alan Ehlers

Who gets the last wild card

#1 Post by Alan Ehlers »

It is coming down to the wire and there are still 12 teams left who could pull out the last wild card. in the IL it is

New Orleans
San Antonio
New Jersey
Conneticutt
Arlington
Gloucester
West Virginia

while in the Soveriegn League it is

Bakersfield
Tempe
Fargo
Canton
Kalamazoo

I was wondering if I could get peoples thoughts on who would pull out the last wild card and why.

In the IL I am going with San Antonio because he really improved his bullpen which was horrendous and picked up some good quality players at the break. I see them winning it on the last day of the season

For the Soverign I am going with the miracle Knights which is what I will call my team if I make the playoffs. Just three years ago Tempe lost 117 games . However that lande them Hancock. Tempe has already bested its franchise record for wins with 70 and still are only a hlf game out of the last wildcard spot. Tempe has 6 games left out of a 12 game road trip and they play the majority of their games at home in SEptember so I like my chance. Also Tempe improved its pen and improved its offense tremendously by getting Glendenning and Garcia. If Tempe gets in they could be dangerous in a short series with Hancock
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Who gets the last wild card

#2 Post by Coqui »

I'm just flattered to be included.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

Longshoremen wrote:I'm just flattered to be included.
I'm just flattened to be included. :-[

Seriously, though, I do also see the Calzones taking the last spot in the IL, and Bakersfield fighting off the young 'uns one last time. After this season is over, Fargo and Tempe are declaring open season in the SL.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Maulers »

I'm mostly with Tyler; I think Bakersfield will eke it out at the end and I'm leaning towards SA in the IL (though I think that it's very likely that either NO or NJ start rolling over people in September and sweep to the playoffs).
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Alan Ehlers

#5 Post by Alan Ehlers »

Tempe is getting no love , i am going to have to post these comments in the locker room to motivate my players LOL
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

San Antonio's ride to the wild card is so amazing to me. Matt was a seller for seemingly the whole season, and now he's a legitimate playoff contender. Unbelievable, and a testament to the quality of his trades. Clearly it's more than just, "Throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks." It takes a plan to achieve something like this.

Likewise, I'm amazed (and thrilled) by Tempe's run to the playoffs. I have to admit I'm pulling for the Knights. We should want to see fresh faces in the playoffs. Plus I want to see Markus Hancock get his first taste of the postseason.

A poll has been added to this thread. Cast your votes for one IL and one SL team.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by klewis »

As much as I like Hancock the moves Tempe's made, I think Pat Lilly is too much of a force to be reckoned with. Jude Pew has had an admirable comeback season. Bob Peterson is having a career year in his free agent year. Pedro Barron has been an excellent pickup. Tempe is definitely on the rise though. Regardless what happens, Tempe has had a very successful year and things are looking on the up.

On the IL side, I am torn between NO and SA. Matt has done a wonderful job restructuring his team. Guys like Pexego, Miyata, and Kelly are awesome. Then you got Buck and Gibson on the pitching side of things. I feel New Orleans is aging but they still are very savvy when you have megastars like Cline and McCullough. I may have to give the edge to NO though because I think they have a more home friendly schedule in September.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Matt
VIP
VIP

#8 Post by Matt »

I would have to give the nod to NO. We really needed to take advantage of our home games in August, and we didn't do a good enough job of it. We play most of the month of September on the road, and that does not bode well for us. Maybe a few of our September callups will bolster our bench and pitching a little bit, but I'm not going to hold my breath. We do finish the season with a series at NO, and if it comes down to the wire they would have to get the nod at home with better pitching.
Badgers

#9 Post by Badgers »

For some reason I am feeling San Antonio for that last spot.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”