2010 PEBA All-Star Game Live Blog

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2010 PEBA All-Star Game Live Blog

#91 Post by John »

No action in the bottom of the 8th. Last chance for the SL. Arlington's Owen Hinton is on to pitch. He'll be followed shortly by Florida closer Jesse Powell.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#92 Post by John »

Hinton and Powell take care of business, and the IL wraps this one up 4-2! The iL and SL are now tied 2-2 in PEBA All-Star Game history. OOTP says Pedro Silva was the player of the game. Don't you believe it; "Blackjack" all the way.

I'll have a new file out as quick as I can, and then I'm going to crash hard. :grin:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Sandgnats (Bill)

#93 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:No sir! Swing and a miss! Lilly is retired, and we head to the bottom of the inning. Fargo's Raul "Abnormal" Pinto is the pitcher.
Come on Pinto! Ahh, John reminded me of an American Classic, "Young Frankenstein" and the Abby something scene. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, Pinto mows 'em down in the 8th and SL ties it up in inning number 9! It's a beautiful script for an extra inning SL victory! :grin:
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#94 Post by Denny »

We woulda won if we'd just had more Codgers! /shakes fist
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#95 Post by Duane »

ummmmmm need I remind you all????
IL RULES!!!! IL RULES!!!!!!
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Paul Moots

#96 Post by Paul Moots »

Nice IL! Thanks, John.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#97 Post by Denny »

Also, thanks Commish for all your efforts in both simming AND narrating the games tonight! ;-D
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#98 Post by Duane »

Wait, this game was narrated?
I want my money back......
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats (Bill)

#99 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Hinton and Powell take care of business, and the IL wraps this one up 4-2! The iL and SL are now tied 2-2 in PEBA All-Star Game history. OOTP says Pedro Silva was the player of the game. Don't you believe it; "Blackjack" all the way.

I'll have a new file out as quick as I can, and then I'm going to crash hard. :grin:
Aww, crap! Well, it was fun interacting live with the blog. Almost as fun as winter meetings!
That is such a shame that Craps, errr Blackjack didn't win the game MVP. Such a shame it went to a deserved SL player. :D
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#100 Post by klewis »

Thanks for the play by the play John. It was fun to read. It sounded like Remi Young was putting on quite the show. Good to see the IL win! That's back to back All-Star wins now. I didn't know but I guess the All-Star game is hosted by the IL/SL wins leader by the All-Star break? So next year will be the SL's wins leader?
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#101 Post by John »

Featherheads wrote:Thanks for the play by the play John. It was fun to read. It sounded like Remi Young was putting on quite the show. Good to see the IL win! That's back to back All-Star wins now. I didn't know but I guess the All-Star game is hosted by the IL/SL wins leader by the All-Star break? So next year will be the SL's wins leader?
That's correct, with the additional criteria that no team can host a game a second time until all the other teams have hosted it at least once. So now NJ, CL, AUR and FLA are ineligible to host All-Star games for the next 20 years. :-o
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#102 Post by klewis »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Featherheads wrote:Thanks for the play by the play John. It was fun to read. It sounded like Remi Young was putting on quite the show. Good to see the IL win! That's back to back All-Star wins now. I didn't know but I guess the All-Star game is hosted by the IL/SL wins leader by the All-Star break? So next year will be the SL's wins leader?
That's correct, with the additional criteria that no team can host a game a second time until all the other teams have hosted it at least once. So now NJ, CL, AUR and FLA are ineligible to host All-Star games for the next 20 years. :-o
That's good to know. I wished I knew ahead of time... I coulda hyped up the fact that Jacksonville was hosting this year. Oh well, I shall wait for 20 years!
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Iyou Seigyoki
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#103 Post by Iyou Seigyoki »

Despite evidence to the contary, BB RULES!

<sigh> :cry:
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#104 Post by Nigel »

Bears wrote: no, we know it was a good trade. and the silver lining is definitely that young is going to make $8m through arbitration for a 25 VORP year next year (if things work out for him).
Now why would that be a silver lining? Long term you are going to make out like a bandit. No need to wish your ex-players or trade partners ill.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”