Gauging interest in live All-Star Game broadcasts

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gauging interest in live All-Star Game broadcasts

#1 Post by John »

The PEBA and LRS 2010 All-Star Games will be held on Thursday, June 18. This thread is intended to gauge interest in a possible live broadcast of one or both of these games.

A live broadcast of the LRS All-Star Game would begin at 8 PM ET. A live broadcast of the PEBA All-Star Game would begin at 9 PM ET (or immediately following the conclusion of the LRS All-Star Game if it runs long). The games would be broadcast live through Yugma (those of you who watched the Planetary Extreme Championship games last season know how this works).

Here's the catch: I would need at least 5 commitments for each game to make a live broadcast worth setting up. LRS owners are welcome to attend the PEBA All-Star Game, and vice versa. As long as the interest is there, I'm happy to set up the broadcasts.

If you would like to see one or both of these All-Star Games broadcast live, please respond to this thread and let me know! SPECIAL NOTE: Export due time will be 7 PM ET on Thursday, June 18.

Instructions on using Yugma:
  • If you’ll be attending, complete this step right away: Go to http://www.yugma.com/, click the “Get Free Account” button and fill in the required info. Remember the name and email address you used, as you’ll need them to sign in later.
  • Shortly before the game, I will send an email to all owners who reserved tickets. It will contain a Session ID #. Note this; you’ll need it in a minute.
  • Again go to http://www.yugma.com/ and click the “Join Session” button. The Yugma client will load on your computer. If you’re running a virus scanner, you may receive a false positive virus alert. There is no virus risk here! Instruct your scanner to add Yugma to your trusted zone and proceed.
  • You’ll be presented with a login box where you’ll enter the name and email address you used when creating your Yugma account. You’ll also be asked for the Session ID# from the email I’ll have sent you.
  • Once you’ve entered in that info and clicked “Join”, a window will pop up displaying the entire contents of my home desktop. As the game plays out, you’ll be able to watch it unfold as if you were here playing it on my computer yourself!
  • There will be a sideband window that includes a chat function, so all of you watching the game can talk together while you enjoy the action.
PEBA ASG Commitments
  1. West Virginia Coal Sox
  2. London Underground
LRS ASG Commitments
  1. Naha Shisa
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Gauging interest in live All-Star Game broadcasts

#2 Post by Tyler »

Keep my seat warm!
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Tyler, would you like me to mark you down for just the PEBA ASG, or both ASGs?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Tyler, would you like me to mark you down for just the PEBA ASG, or both ASGs?
Probably can only attend the PEBA because of work. :(
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Duane »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:A live broadcast of the LRS All-Star Game would begin at 8 PM ET. A live broadcast of the LRS All-Star Game would begin at 9 PM ET (or immediately following the conclusion of the LRS All-Star Game if it runs long).
Which LRS game is the PEBA game? :?: :?: :?: :-?
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:A live broadcast of the LRS All-Star Game would begin at 8 PM ET. A live broadcast of the LRS All-Star Game would begin at 9 PM ET (or immediately following the conclusion of the LRS All-Star Game if it runs long).
Which LRS game is the PEBA game? :?: :?: :?: :-?
:P Fixed. The PEBA ASG would start at 9 PM ET. Tyler, I've got you marked down as interested in attending the PEBA ASG.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Aaron Tassano

#7 Post by Aaron Tassano »

I'd normally be all over this but I'm going to be away all week. I may even have to make an excused absence from the next sim. Trying to find a workaround now.
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by klewis »

Would love to join also but will be at work. Have fun all.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Iyou Seigyoki
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#9 Post by Iyou Seigyoki »

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will attend the LRS game.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by John »

Great Tom, I've got you marked down. We now have one commitment each for the PEBA and LRS ASGs. Each game will need an additional 4 commitments by next Thursday for a live broadcast to happen. I'm crossing my fingers we'll hit that total.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Branda

#11 Post by Mike Branda »

Unfortunately, Thursday is not good for me. One son has soccer game, the other football practice.

Maybe for the playoffs,though.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by John »

It's looking like the interest just isn't there. Unless there's a surprising groundswell, the ASGs won't be broadcast live. Generally speaking, it doesn't seem that there's much interest in live ASG broadcasts. I'll probably dump the idea going forward, but we'll still do the championship series broadcasts (which seem to draw more interest).
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#13 Post by Nigel »

John,

You can put me down for the PEBA game. It doesn't look like it's going to happen, but I figured I would reserve a spot just in case.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by John »

Gotcha down, Scott!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”