Since nerd-iness came up in the last post....

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Since nerd-iness came up in the last post....

#16 Post by Ghosts »

OfficerTimFisher wrote:If we're talking about nerd-iness -- let's keep in mind that we all devote endless amounts of time to a text based baseball sim full of players that don't exist!

That should put it in perspective .... :grin:
as my co-owner once said when we were commiserating over being mocked: "this isn't nerdy. i mean all you have to do is explain to people that you are a manager in the 'planetary extreme baseball association', which is made up of imaginary players, staff, minor leaguers, scouts, and financial data. and that you aren't playing for money or anything else. once you explain this, people really should realize that there's nothing at all even remotely dorky about it."
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Duane »

you just said 'dorky' bahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by John »

I wear my nerdi-ness with pride. Ain't no reason to deny it... embrace your inner geek, my brother. :grin:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#19 Post by Maulers »

Bears wrote:
OfficerTimFisher wrote:If we're talking about nerd-iness -- let's keep in mind that we all devote endless amounts of time to a text based baseball sim full of players that don't exist!

That should put it in perspective .... :grin:
as my co-owner once said when we were commiserating over being mocked: "this isn't nerdy. i mean all you have to do is explain to people that you are a manager in the 'planetary extreme baseball association', which is made up of imaginary players, staff, minor leaguers, scouts, and financial data. and that you aren't playing for money or anything else. once you explain this, people really should realize that there's nothing at all even remotely dorky about it."
This is classic. 8)
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by DanD »

Sorry it took me so long to get it posted, but here is the spreadsheet I was talking about. It gives a brief, high-level view of how everyone is doing and their age. I plan to to add some more statistics to it eventually but this is what I have at the moment.

If you print, make sure the footers are turned off so that everything fits on 2 pages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#21 Post by John »

Thanks Dan! I'll have a look at this tonight after the sim. I definitely recommend other owners checking it out as well.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”