2009 All-Star Voting Discussion Thread

Badgers

Re: 2009 All-Star Voting Discussion Thread

#16 Post by Badgers »

Knights wrote:Im not worried about Hancock, he will be on the All Star team. He , Pexego and Lizano are the three on my team who should make it.

How are you backing up your statement that Lozano should make it? Just curious.
Alan Ehlers

#17 Post by Alan Ehlers »

Just his 1.29 ERA and 4 saves since taking over for Douglass. Plus his WHIP is 0.89 and he has struck out 27 in 28 innings. I am probably seeing him through "Rose Colored Glasses" because he has been the best reliever I have had
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Duane »

Sancho Martinez??? Seriously? 8-o
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Badgers

#19 Post by Badgers »

Knights wrote:Just his 1.29 ERA and 4 saves since taking over for Douglass. Plus his WHIP is 0.89 and he has struck out 27 in 28 innings. I am probably seeing him through "Rose Colored Glasses" because he has been the best reliever I have had
I would probably look at him the same way if he was on my team.
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by klewis »

Some comments about my players:

I'm surprised about 2B Richardson's runaway voting. I thought it would be much closer this year. I'm surprised Tom Kirkland is not getting any consideration.

I am hopeful Saunders can hold onto the votes. He's been pitching lights out in the last month and I am hopeful all that PR work done earlier in the years pays off lol.

I didn't vote for Craft but thanks to those who recognized him. I guess all that talk about the Wunderkind gave him some recognition. He's a workhorse and very valuable to my bullpen but I don't think there's more guys out there worthy of an All-Star slot.

Oh yeah since I've been looking at trade history, it's interesting to see catchers Morse and Cline make it as starting All-Star catchers (they were traded for one another).
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#21 Post by Maulers »

Coal Sox wrote:Well, let's take the previous race I mentioned - IL SS. George Riley leads virtually every category except SLG and HR. He's got a VORP of 30, and the second-best VORP is 15.2. That's the race in a nutshell. Yet somehow Ángel Zarate and Miguel Soto received votes. Compare:

Riley: 318/478/436
Zarate: 223/362/299
Soto: 281/348/406

How in the world?

Other bizarre votes include people leaving Hancock off the ballot (he's #1 in the SL. I could see thinking he's #2, #3, maybe even #4, but not even top five?), Rex Groves, Bernardo Marin, etc.

I understand some of us evaluate players differently. But usually differing evaluation systems agree on the extremes: everyone can tell who the best players are, and everyone can tell the worst. But the All-Star voting here looks so weird I'm considering writing an article about it.

People do crazy things for reasons that are incomprehensible. After you buy your first home and discover all of the incredibly stupid things that people do to their own houses, the solitary vote for Angel Zarate will make more sense.
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#22 Post by Nigel »

I just want everyone to know I didn't vote for Groves, Moore or Cox. Thanks to whoever did though. I'm sure they love you for it. :lol:
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Denny »

Similarly, I did not vote for Miguel Soto.

But I'm going to :-B
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
James Bowman

#24 Post by James Bowman »

I'd like to know who voted for Gabriel Negron. :lol:

Additionally, if you are interested in a trade for him, let me know!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”