Draft day project

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: draft day project

#16 Post by John »

Calzones wrote:It would be easier, but not as much fun.
Agree.
Calzones wrote:What would be cool is that after I get the entire report out there, if someone else could take my reviews of the players, formulate thier own opinions, and then do the team by team synopsis and grades.
Double agree.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Draft day project

#17 Post by klewis »

Just to build some rivalry fun (and to show why Dixie is the best), I would up for exchanging draft review/grades with another Dixie team (I will review your team and you can review Florida's). This will also help one another get familiar with our division rivals.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by John »

Featherheads wrote:Just to build some rivalry fun (and to show why Dixie is the best), I would up for exchanging draft review/grades with another Dixie team (I will review your team and you can review Florida's). This will also help one another get familiar with our division rivals.
That sounds like a great idea. I'd love to see owners take a stab at reviewing another team's draft. I'm confident we're all big enough to take a little criticism. Anyone who cares to, feel free to poke hole in my draft... I'm up for it! :grin:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Alan Ehlers

#19 Post by Alan Ehlers »

I will get you mine Marty dont worry, I plan on doing this week
Matt
VIP
VIP

#20 Post by Matt »

Progress report

Every selection from 332 to the end of the draft, 466, has been recapped. Wanted to get that bottom third of the draft fiinished before guys hit the waiver wire and became more difficult to locate.

Have completely reviewed and recapped the all the draft choices for about 2/3 of the teams.

Big thanks to everyone who has sent me thier notes, they have been very helpful. If you haven't done so yet and would like to contribute, please do so. Every little bit helps me put together the most complete and entertaining recap possible.

Still looking for some help in the REACTION section, particularly in the picks from about the 4th round on for most teams. I'm just running out of material.

Linking this thing is going to be a B**ch. Yeah, that's a capital B.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#21 Post by Matt »

Crunch time -

I have covered all but four teams at this point -

Aurora
Crystal Lake
New Orleans
New Jersey

all picks 14th round and later are covered for every team

looking for anything anyone else has to contribute. Probably won't have much time to work on this Sunday, but hopefully by Monday I will be getting close to wrapping up the analysis of all the individual picks. If anyone has anything else to contribute, before Monday afternoon would be good.

Still looking for a lot in the way of reaction to picks, quotes, whatever ,that will help liven the article up.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#22 Post by Maulers »

Calzones wrote:Crunch time -

I have covered all but four teams at this point -

Aurora
Crystal Lake
New Orleans
New Jersey

all picks 14th round and later are covered for every team

looking for anything anyone else has to contribute. Probably won't have much time to work on this Sunday, but hopefully by Monday I will be getting close to wrapping up the analysis of all the individual picks. If anyone has anything else to contribute, before Monday afternoon would be good.

Still looking for a lot in the way of reaction to picks, quotes, whatever ,that will help liven the article up.

Hi Matt-
I'm not sure if you saw the reaction of L.H. Thompson (Manchester beat reporter) to the Maulers' draft. It's short and not very sweet: "The 2009 amateur draft was, for the Manchester Maulers, deeply uninspiring. Having leveraged their first 7 picks for the raft of players currently powering the Maulers's improbable run to Pan-Atlantic glory, there was little to observe on the first day of the draft. Maulers GM Jeff Dudas, that insufferable jackass, did make a series of mediocre picks on Day 2 – though it would be a shock to see any of these "players" ever make it past A-ball."
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Matt
VIP
VIP

#23 Post by Matt »

Posted.

Had about 2 hours sleep in the last 50, but determined to get it done before sleeping tonight.

Over 200,000 characters when I tried to post it.

Reaction sections are incomplete, still willing to add anything anyone wants to add. Pm me and I will slip comments into the article.

This was truly a group project, everyone's input was and is important. Thanks guys.

I tried to be fair. If i was critical of a pick or series of picks, it wasn't personal. Just my opinions. I tried to be as critical of myself as possible.

Enjoy.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”