CP Tracker 2039

Find Information on Earning CP and Current Team Totals Here
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

CP Tracker 2039

#1 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Attached below is the 2039 CP Tracker, v1.

This tracker shows our accumulated point values - beginning with the end of the Winter Meetings 2038. At this time it does not show any carry over into the 2039 season - it simply shows season gains to date. You can see the areas we've been gaining points during the current CP Season (beginning September 30, 2023) through to this evening, January 2, 2024 (August 8, 2039, in-game - just past the trade deadline). The Total CP in this version of the tracker details CP earned up to this point - carry-over and bonus will be added in after the season. We have completed 18 of 27 sims - so we are at the 2/3 point of the season. Keep in mind that the max that can be earned in any season is 400, and the total max, with carry-over, is 600 - four teams currently sits at this threshold, but three more are near it enough that they are throwing CP away this offseason. You will also notice that teams have already been credited with their allotment of roster diligence points - and some have already lost points for excessive roster maneuvering on my part (Basically DFA issues). Keep clear of roster issues and that number won't drop.

Aside from the usual exporting, posting earnings, Draft Attendance (I do my best to capture everyone - even looking at the transcript) and All-Star voting, we still have available to earn in 2039 the following: voting for end of season Awards, naming your Minor League Players of the Year, minor league playoff points, fiscal solvency, as well as attending the WM - and WM trade points. At a minimum that's 84 easy points - counting the remaining sim exports.

Slack has been a great place to discuss League happenings (and if we could figure out a way of quantifying that activity, we would), but please don't forget the forums - it is our forums where our history lives; Slack is, unfortunately, ephemeral... We have some somewhat consistent posters (primarily in the Neat and Not So thread) and it would be nice to get more involved! Let's keep it up!! It is the forums and our Front Page that the public sees of our Amazing PEBAverse!! We are only as exciting as we make ourselves - and with more activity, the more interesting - and fun - things can be (and the better for recruitment)! Writing is down, in general (a common comment, right?), so try to do your part to keep our vibrant environment just that - vibrant. Even if you just write one blog posting per in-game month - that's 6 blogs and 42 points! We do have teams that would be exciting to hear from; it's depressing to look at the last post dates on the Blog page... Be it game result discussions, player 'bios', or stories that go outside the box as it examines your team and the PEBA (say, take place in a mental hospital or lunatic broadcasters on the AT) - all creativity is welcome! Who knows - you could end up writing a book!!

One area I feel like I've had to repeatedly address is the penalty phase of CP collection. DFA negligence had been on the rise and continues to be a frustration. Please be reminded that if there is a troublesome issue with a team that I have to deal with, I may dock that team a point. These just slow down a sim and, frankly, frustrate me and put me in the awkward position of (potentially) making undesirable (financial) decisions for that club. Now that all of our lower minors have begun, please keep an eye on your lower minor age distributions. We have a general agreement that this won't be pushed stringently, but that teams will work to keep violations at a minimum. When a team has five? That's not reasonable. If a team receives a warning, it is expected to comply. Multiple warnings will result in penalties and players removed from that level onto DFA or the higher level. One? Two? OK. Beyond that, the spirit of Fair Play begins to get fuzzy. And Ditto with the DL - please move guys when they are healthy - DL's are too much to constantly monitor, so the honor system is paramount - I'd think you'd want guys off the DL and playing, or is that just me?

So, keep up with your exports, keep those nasty DFAs clear, write a bit, and be involved!!

Should you notice anything odd, please let me know - errors happen

2039 CP Tracker v1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

Re: CP Tracker 2039

#2 Post by Board of the PEBA »

This version of the CP Tracker - marking the end of the season, shows all CP earned thus far. Forum posts, blogs and articles are as of this posting. Also of this posting are Awards voting and naming of one's minor league Hitters and Pitchers of the year. All of these categories can still be point earners for you. Points for minor league playoff appearances as well as bonuses for earning up to $10M in profit for the season.

Still up for grabs are the points for attending the Winter Meetings (March 10) and making a trade that meets the bonus description.

Bonus points for Above and Beyond will be added in at the Winter Meetings.

It's never too early to plan your CP rewards - including winter ball requests! There are teams with hefty totals who are throwing their CP Bucks away...

Please let me know if you have any questions!

2039 CP Tracker v2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Hitmen »

Do we have any section for podcasts? What would they count as?
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

That's the Bonus category!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
JayA
Single-A
Single-A

#5 Post by JayA »

Borealis wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:57 pm That's the Bonus category!
Is it not listed in the Spreadsheet?
Jay Amado
GM Florida Farstriders
Claymores
Single-A
Single-A

#6 Post by Claymores »

Yeah...I'm not seeing a bonus category.
Sean Bain
GM Scottish Claymores
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#7 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Bonus is added in at the end - I'm just displaying the points earned on the season.
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Borealis »

Just to reiterate my commentary...
Board of the PEBA wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:23 pm Bonus points for Above and Beyond will be added in at the Winter Meetings.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Trendsetters
Single-A
Single-A

#9 Post by Trendsetters »

Is there a listing of points left over from last year?
Chuck Valenches
GM New Orleans Trendsetters
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#10 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Attached below is the 2039 CP Tracker, Final totals

This tracker shows our accumulated point values for 2039 - beginning with the end of the Winter Meetings 2038, the amount spent on 2038 Rewards, and any carry over into the 2039 season are noted. You can see the areas we have gained points during the current CP Season (beginning September 30, 2023) through to March 10, 2024 (December 17, 2039, in-game). Keep in mind that the max that can be earned in any season is 400, and the total max, with carry-over, is 600 - which there are five!! teams that have reached this threshold, and another two approaching it.

Some teams definitely 'left points on the table' - be it not voting for All-Stars and awards, naming Minor League Players of the Year, or attending a live event.

Slack has been a great place to discuss League happenings (and if someone could figure out a way of quantifying that activity, we will), but please don't forget the forums! There continues to be a downward trend when it comes to posting in the forum, though the Neat and Not So thread is an easy place to make some quick commentary you might also have make real-time in Slack. It is the forum and especially our Front Page that the public - including former-GMs, see of our Amazing PEBAverse!! We are only as exciting as we make ourselves - and with more activity, the more interesting things can be! Writing has been down, in general - aside from a couple of folks, so try to do your part to keep our vibrant environment just that - vibrant. Even if you just write one blog posting per in-game month - that's 6 blogs and 42 points! We do have teams that would be exciting to hear from!! Be it game result discussions, player 'bios', or stories that go outside the box as it examines your team and the PEBA - all creativity is welcome!

This season we had a serious, regular, podcast, and in the past, those individuals who have presented podcasts received bonus points - and thus that was the case this season, but there is consideration of creating a new category to better compensate the terrific contribution to the League. More to come on that.

So, keep up with your exports, keep those nasty DFAs clear, write a bit, and be involved!!

Should you notice anything odd - or have questions, please let me know - errors happen (the Madison/Florida shortage has been addressed).

CP Rewards can be posted in the rewards thread.

2039 CP FINAL.png
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)

Return to “Contribution Points Awards & Tracking”