Fare Thee Well

JayA
Single-A
Single-A

Fare Thee Well

#1 Post by JayA »

Hi Guys,

I spoke about it on the podcast yesterday as well, but just wanted to make a post here as I know not everyone listens to those. Effective immediately, I'll be stepping down as the General Manager of the Florida Farstriders and away from PEBA in a GM capacity. I think many of you saw that over the weekend I got engaged and I genuinely appreciate all of your well-wishes and congratulations. It's been fun getting to know so many of you, not just from a matter of how you build and manage your teams, but even more so as individuals and humans. [Insert "Yumanbeings" joke from Bob here].

I know I've been one of the more outspoken on the "WTF, board!?" front, and in the end couldn't justify the time I put into it here, but I especially wanted to thank Mike and all of the other guys that keep this league running from day to day. Running this thing is more work than I think any of us realize, and the ability these guys have to keep things on track and on time while keeping (most) everyone else (mostly) happy in a league this size speaks to their leadership and consistency.

You may still see me around the Slack occasionally, and maybe one day even back in the league, but I can't commit the time I'd need to for this right now. Thanks guys; feel free to stay in touch!
Jay Amado
GM Florida Farstriders
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Fare Thee Well

#2 Post by Hitmen »

I already said my goodbyes on the podcast and on slack, but you will be missed Jay. At least we have the ISFL as well still. Don't be a stranger, and I am hopeful one day you will return. PEBA will miss you, and I will keep the hope and cheer on Madison for the both of us. ;-D
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Claymores
Single-A
Single-A

#3 Post by Claymores »

It's definitely not a good feeling to have when you're putting in the time and effort but begin questioning if it's all worth it. It's also frustrating putting that effort in with a target that is moving or unknown. Hopefully moving forward the league will have more clarity in that regard.

Life is too short, and I hope you're able to utilize the time you would have spent here toward other enjoyment. I'll miss you Jay, but I'll still keep bugging you!
Sean Bain
GM Scottish Claymores
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Wind Dancers »

Claymores wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:46 pm It's also frustrating putting that effort in with a target that is moving or unknown. Hopefully moving forward the league will have more clarity in that regard.
The only "target change" was when you first joined the league and we've been extremely clear that was the end and was required for technical purposes. But I'll gladly sit down and talk with you privately or on the podcast if we need things cleared up again.

All the best Jay, I already mentioned this via DM but you will certainly be missed. If the PEBA itch comes back, we'll be here. Though you probably also get that checked by a doctor.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Lions »

Best wishes, Jay.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Apollos »

Sorry to see you go, Jay. Felt like you just got here but were such a great addition to the league. Hope to see you 'round these parts again soon!
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Shisa
Single-A
Single-A

#7 Post by Shisa »

Taking applications for a new 'most frequent' trading partner!
Matthew Reid
GM Okinawa Shisa
Trendsetters
Single-A
Single-A

#8 Post by Trendsetters »

Best of luck to you Jay.

You should just admit to your fiancé that you are the General Manager of a fictional team in a fictional league that exists only in a virtual world and the time you should devote to building your lives together comes second to making sure you make an arbitration offer to a relief pitcher who doesn’t really exist. 😂
Chuck Valenches
GM New Orleans Trendsetters
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Lions »

Trendsetters wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:31 pmYou should just admit to your fiancé that you are the General Manager of a fictional team in a fictional league that exists only in a virtual world and the time you should devote to building your lives together comes second to making sure you make an arbitration offer to a relief pitcher who doesn’t really exist. 😂
This comes after the wedding. Once you're married...
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Borealis »

Trendsetters wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:31 pm Best of luck to you Jay.

You should just admit to your fiancé that you are the General Manager of a fictional team in a fictional league that exists only in a virtual world and the time you should devote to building your lives together comes second to making sure you make an arbitration offer to a relief pitcher who doesn’t really exist. 😂
Quoted for truth...

Congrats and Good Luck Jay!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”