2039 Schedule

Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

2039 Schedule

#1 Post by Board of the PEBA »

First of all, Congrats to Dylan Krupilis and the Toyama Wind Dancers - our 2038 PEC Rodriguez Cup holders. This was Toyama's six straight playoff appearance and 3rd SL championship (and second in a row) - so their title was certainly in the works as Dylan has patiently worked towards this title.

Here is our preliminary schedule for the 2038-2039 Offseason, taking us to Spring Training (where the dates may vary). This schedule begins with Wednesday's, September 11th's first sim (during the normal sim window - 5pm PT/8pm ET). The schedule takes us through many significant events, which I have tried to highlight with the colorful schedule attached. There are a number of specific deadlines to note:

Wed. September 11 - First offseason sim. Revenue Sharing has been already delivered and it is time to set ticket prices, Scouting and Development Budgets. Your last chance to set these will be your export for Sim 8 - September 29, 2023. Once the Winter Meetings come, your ticket prices are frozen until the Season begins. PEBA Award voting will end at 11:59pm ET of the 11th, results will be entered in-game prior to the next sim. Trading is once again open.

Performance Loyalty & Market Adjustments. This PEBA tradition has been implemented and the results have been posted in the forum.

Mon. September 18 - Any team option that you wish to accept or reject must be done so before the next sim, Wednesday, September 20. You still have time to name your Minor League players of the year.

Wed. September 20 - Salary Arbitration Hearings. Your arbitration offers to players must be submitted before this sim. If you have players you wish not to make offers to (who will become a free agent), be sure to withdraw an offer or simply release them. If you wish to make a Qualifying Offer to a player who will leave for Free Agency (and thus net you a Supplemental Pick in the next draft, should they sign elsewhere) those also must be made before this sim. Free Agents will declare on 12/4/2038, which will be the last day of this abbreviated sim.

Wed/Fri. September 27/29 - you will note that these sims are listed as 'Schedule Extenders', and that the four sims after Arbitration are short sims. With the schedule otherwise allowing the draft to land on Thanksgiving weekend, a three sim shift was required. One comes by starting the offseason on Wednesday and not Monday, and the other two with the extender days leading into the Winter Meetings. Perhaps this will give us more opportunities to get FA signings during the WM?

Sat. September 30 - Winter Meetings. Our Annual event will be held this day in the Winter Meeting Slack Channel - the platform will also provide the convenience of private discussions channels for trade talks. This venue will give individuals who cannot attend for the full time commitment, the chance to check in - and negotiate on the fly. Please note that CP accumulation will end at this time - and spending your CP on Rewards can begin - with the deadline to get your selections to the Commish of October 13. Start planning ahead - feel free to submit them early if you know what you want - it's a big help if you do - but no changes will occur until after the Winter Meetings. I will try to get an updated (but not final) CP Tracker posted soon.

Thurs. October 5 - The Rule 5 Draft will occur this day. The last chance to place a player who is Rule 5 eligible (# next to their name on the Transactions screen) onto the 40-man roster is exports for Sim 10 (Tues. October 3). Players who are rostered for the Sim 11 export will be released. The Rule 5 Draft occurs in-game so you will need to build a list of players on the Draft List screen by October 5, sim time. You will only be allowed to draft as many players as are spots on your 40-man roster, so if you have 40 players, there is no need to make a list. Also this sim? Happy New Year 2039!!

Fri. October 13 - CP Awards due.

Mon. October 16 - Pre-Season Begins.

Mon. October 23 - Spring Training Arrives. You will want to set your spring roster according to your needs - the first set of games will happen in the following sim on October 25.

Sat. November 4 - Opening Day - Box Scores!!! As we've learned, there is no need to end the last spring sim a day earlier, so do be sure to have your rosters cut down to 26 for PEBA, and 27 for AAA/AA, so the sim will run - but more to come at that time... This will be a special Saturday sim...

Do keep in mind that OOTP does weird things with the schedule - so the exact start dates of ST and Opening Day are 'flexible'.

And... Looking ahead...

Sat. & Sun. December 2 & 3 - PEBA Live Draft. More, of course, as we approach Draft Day.

There you have it - I hope I have been thorough enough and haven't missed anything. Should something not add up, I've missed something, or you simply have a question - please speak up - I can't say with 100% assurance this is perfect...

It's time to grab a cup o' joe and hang out at that Ol' Hot Stove!

PEBA_2039v1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

Re: 2039 Schedule

#2 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Find attached the 2039 regular season schedule. Of note:

November 4 - Opening Day, AAA-AA begins

November 9 - A Ball begins

November 27 - Short A and All-Star voting begin. As usual, voting for the 2039 All-Star game will happen in StatsLab.

December 2 & 3 - The Live PEBA Draft will happen, 8am HT/10am PT/1pm ET in the Slack Draft channel. This is a mandatory, CP earning event. Once we get the draft set up in StatsLab, you can begin building your draft lists. You should plan on a list that will cover you whether or not you plan on attending - as we know, life happens.

December 6 & 9 - the two Post-Draft sims will be Wednesday and Saturday at their normal sim times.

December 20 - This will be a special Wednesday sim, as I will be traveling on that day. The 33rd PEBA All-Star game, from Niihama-shi, Japan will (hopefully) be broadcast live in the Slack All-Star channel. This is also the day you may begin bidding on International FA's.

December 29 - The trade deadline arrives, with any trade needing to be confirmed prior to the following Monday sim on January 1. Note that because of the placement of July 31 on the calendar these will be 6-day and 8-day sims.

January 11 - January 18 - Roster expansion also arrives in a weird place, and to allow for the full benefit, we will have three-shortened sims to maximize the expansion period and get us back on our 'Monday' sim week schedule.

February 1 - The regular season ends.

February 5 - The Playoffs begin.

As always, should I have missed something, please let me know so I can make corrections.

PEBA_2039v2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)

Return to “Schedule Archive”