2038 Schedule

Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

2038 Schedule

#1 Post by Board of the PEBA »

First of all, Congrats to Greg Abcarian and the West Virginia Alleghenies - our 2037 PEC Rodriguez Cup holders. This was West Virginia's third championship in eight seasons - and 14th straight post-season appearance. It's been a job well done in Charleston, WV.

Here is our preliminary schedule for the 2037-2038 Offseason, taking us to Spring Training (where the schedule may vary). This schedule begins with Monday, April 10th's first sim (during the normal sim window - 5pm PT/8pm ET). The schedule takes us through many significant events, which I have tried to highlight with the colorful schedule attached. There are a number of specific deadlines to note:

Mon. April 10 - First offseason sim. Revenue Sharing has been already delivered and it is time to set ticket prices, Scouting and Development Budgets. Your last chance to set these will be your export for Sim 6 - April 21, 2023. Once the Winter Meetings come, your ticket prices are frozen until the Season begins. PEBA Award voting will end at 11:59pm ET of the 10th, results will be entered in-game prior to the next sim. Trading is once again open.

Performance Loyalty & Market Adjustments. This PEBA tradition has been implemented and the results will be posted in the forum shortly.

Fri. April 14 - Any team option that you wish to accept or reject must be done so before the next sim, Monday, April 17. You still have time to name your Minor League players of the year.

Mon. April 17 - Salary Arbitration Hearings. Your arbitration offers to players must be submitted before this sim. If you have players you wish not to make offers to (who will become a free agent), be sure to withdraw an offer or simply release them. If you wish to make a Qualifying Offer to a player who will leave for Free Agency (and thus net you a Supplemental Pick in the next draft, should they sign elsewhere) those also must be made before this sim. Free Agents will declare on 11/29/2037, which will be the last day of this abbreviated sim.

Sat. April 22 - Winter Meetings. Our Annual event will be held this day in the Winter Meeting Slack Channel - the platform will also provide the convenience of private discussions channels for trade talks. This venue will give individuals who cannot attend for the full time commitment, the chance to check in - and negotiate on the fly. Please note that CP accumulation will end at this time - and spending your CP on Rewards can begin - with the deadline to get your selections to the Commish of May 4. Start planning ahead - feel free to submit them early if you know what you want - it's a big help if you do - but no changes will occur until after the Winter Meetings. I will try to get an updated (but not final) CP Tracker posted soon.

Thurs. April 27 - The Rule 5 Draft will occur this day. The last chance to place a player who is Rule 5 eligible (# next to their name on the Transactions screen) onto the 40-man roster is exports for Sim 8 (Tues. April 25). Players who are rostered for the Sim 9 export will be released. The Rule 5 Draft occurs in-game so you will need to build a list of players on the Draft List screen by April 27, sim time. You will only be allowed to draft as many players as are spots on your 40-man roster, so if you have 40 players, there is no need to make a list. Also this sim? Happy New Year 2038!!

Thurs. May 4 - CP Awards due.

Fri. May 5 - Happy Cinco de Mayo - or should I say Cinco de Migration? On this day we will first sim to in-game February 6, 2038 (I will accept exports on this day from v23) - the beginning of the Preseason. I will then convert the league file to v24 and then export the new league file. Conversion can be lengthy, so be patient. Meanwhile, you can at any point convert your copy of the league to v24 at any time - and then update as usual once I've made the conversion and announce the new file is up. Please note: if you do convert now - and I advise that you do and begin studying it, do not export changes from that file; we are still on v23 until May 5. Once converted, ALL GMs will be required to send a test export immediately so we can troubleshoot as quickly as possible.

Tues. May 9 - First v24 sim. Pre-Season Begins.

Mon. May 15 - Spring Training Arrives. You will want to set your spring roster according to your needs - the first set of games will happen in the following sim on May 17.

Sat. May 27 - Opening Day - Memorial Day Weekend BBQ and Box Scores!!! As we've learned, there is no need to end the last spring sim a day earlier, so do be sure to have your rosters cut down to 26 for PEBA, and 27 for AAA/AA, so the sim will run - but more to come at that time... This will be a special Saturday sim...

Do keep in mind that OOTP does weird things with the schedule - so the exact start dates of ST and Opening Day are 'flexible', though I did a test run, so those dates should be solid.

And... Looking ahead...

Sat. & Sun. June 24 & 25 - PEBA Live Draft. More, of course, as we approach Draft Day.

There you have it - I hope I have been thorough enough and haven't missed anything. Should something not add up, I've missed something, or you simply have a question - please speak up - I can't say with 100% assurance this is perfect...

It's time to grab a cup o' joe and hang out at that Ol' Hot Stove!

PEBA_2038v1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

Re: 2038 Schedule

#2 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Find attached the only slightly ( :-o ) delayed regular season schedule. Of note:

May 27 - Opening Day, AAA-AA begins
June 1 - A Ball begins

June 19 - Short A and All-Star voting begin. As usual, voting for the 2038 All-Star game will happen in StatsLab.

June 24 & 25 - The Live PEBA Draft will happen, 10am PT/1pm ET in the Slack Draft channel. This is a mandatory, CP earning event. Once we get the draft set up in StatsLab, you can begin building your draft lists. You should plan on a list that will cover you whether or not you plan on attending - as we know, life happens.

July 13 - The 32nd PEBA All-Star game, from The Castle in Edinburgh will (hopefully) be broadcast live in the Slack All-Star channel (I may be traveling that day, so...). This is also the day you may begin bidding on International FA's.

July 20 - The trade deadline arrives, with any trade needing to be confirmed prior to the following Monday sim on July 24. Note that because of the placement of July 31 on the calendar these will be 6-day and 8-day sims.

August 3 - August 10 - Roster expansion also arrives in a weird place, and to allow for the full benefit, we will have three-shortened sims to maximize the expansion period and get us back on our 'Monday' sim week schedule.

August 24 - The regular season ends.

August 28 - The Playoffs begin.

As always, should I have missed something, please let me know so I can make corrections.

PEBA_2038v2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)

Return to “Schedule Archive”