Ballparks

Alan Ehlers

Ballparks

#1 Post by Alan Ehlers »

John is there a link to tell me what the players ballparks are or were in real life. Like my park is the Old Polo Grounds. I was looking through the pictures and am just curious about the stadiums and why people chose their particular stadiums. For me I always loved the way the Polo Grounds looked and I love the dimensions
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ballparks

#2 Post by John »

Great question, and you're in luck: there is just such a website! Clem's Baseball is just one of a number of websites dedicated to baseball stadiums past and present. I just happened to use Clem's when I was setting up the PEBA. It's an excellent reference and has information on each of the templates used in our league.

Now as to why each owner chose their particular park, well, you'll have to ask each owner! I chose AT&T Park because I think the view of McCovey Cove is simply gorgeous. Perhaps other owners would like to share their reasons behind choosing their ballpark templates?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Maulers »

My dad took me to the remains of old League Park when I was a kid; I thought it would be pretty cool to resurrect the park, at least in fiction.
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Denny »

I chose Ebbets Field as the template for Elderberry Field because:
a) I liked the idea of having one of the old, famous, loved parks;
b) it was affiliated with the Dodgers, who share a number of similarities with the Codgers, such as logo and current area of the country (and there are more such parallels to come, which will be revealed as the Codgers' backstory is further fleshed out).
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

Codgers wrote:b) it was affiliated with the Dodgers, who share a number of similarities with the Codgers, such as logo and current area of the country (and there are more such parallels to come, which will be revealed as the Codgers' backstory is further fleshed out).
/me drools in anticipation of the story to come... :-L :-L :-L
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Alan Ehlers

#6 Post by Alan Ehlers »

John

looks like we have struck upon a great thread cant wait to hear the Codgers story
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Duane »

Churchill 1 is based on Dodger Stdm ... My first choice was taken and John talked me out of Coors so I settled on Dodger ... I prefer newer stadiums as opposed to historic. I will not remain there though.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”