New Coqui GM (again)

JDC
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

New Coqui GM (again)

#1 Post by JDC »

San Juan has a new General Manager, again. The Coqui hired J.D. Caldwell to the post this week. Caldwell comes to Puerto Rico having seven years of managerial experience with the New York Goths of the Universal Baseball Association and the Seattle Mariners in the 1980s.

The Coqui are currently in second place in the Trans Atlantic Division with a 28-23 record and on a seven-game losing streak. Caldwell will fill the vacancy left by the previous GM who was hired just a month ago but left abruptly. Caldwell also has experience as the General Manager for the Portland Buckaroos of the Supreme Inter-Continental Hockey League.

While sipping on a margarita, Caldwell stated, "The PEBA is definitely a step up from the UBA or the Mariners. It's like I just stepped off the plane onto Fantasy Island. Where is that Tattoo anyway?"

Word on the street that Caldwell is a salsa and reggae fan. That should bode well for the stability of the franchise continuing to reside in San Juan with an organizational presence continuing in the Caribbean.

---

J.D. Background:

- Retired and reside in Redmond, Oregon
- Grew up in the Olympia/Tumwater area of Washington.
- Played in sports board game leagues since 1975 (play by mail)
- Graduated from Humboldt State University, lived in the Emerald Triangle for 10+ years
- After graduation, moved back to Washington to raise a family
- Served 25 years as a high school sports official and 5 years as a local high school sports reporter.
- Participate in the Supreme Inter-Continental Hockey League (https://www.sichl.com/team/index.php?t=101) which has a lot of similarities to PEBA including team Twitter accounts (@SICHLBuckaroos), also the Greater Seattle Tabletop Pro Football League and Continental Hockey Association.
J.D. Caldwell
Rookie GM - San Juan Coqui
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: New Coqui GM (again)

#2 Post by Borealis »

Welcome JD! I think you're an excellent addition to the PEBA stable of GMs (as opposed to the stable in Kentucky). Best of luck!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
JDC
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#3 Post by JDC »

Good. I have plenty of experience shoveling manure. I'm sure it will come in handy here.
J.D. Caldwell
Rookie GM - San Juan Coqui
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Hitmen »

Welcome to PEBA and the IL! By the way, as Duane used to say, the IL RULES!!!

San Juan is a fun organization that experienced championship gold just 4 season ago! Still plenty of pieces to work with and in the mix of the rest of the IL field behind FLA and WV. So time for you to get to work!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Apollos »

Welcome again, JD. I think you’ll find the PEBA to your liking, though plan on it ruining you for single player ootp games :(

You’ve got a lot to work with there in San Juan so keep the Coqui strong and fight the IL superpowers for us little guys ;-D
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Leones »

Welcome to PEBA JD! Best of luck!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Lions »

Cool to have another Oregonian (not that I'm originally from here). I'm up in Portland. We have some GM's in Washington as well, so the PNW connection is getting stronger!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”