New GM in Edinburgh!

PaulW
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

New GM in Edinburgh!

#1 Post by PaulW »

So, I'm in Edinburgh washing a Fisch Schnitzel down with a Stewart's Lager (or three) at Brewhemia in Old Town and mulling over my good fortune. It’s afternoon, the mushy peas have the slightest hint of mint, the tartare sauce and curried ketchup is mixed to perfection, and my lager is crisp & satisfying. I’m chesty – cocksure even – feeling confident in myself as I embark on what will likely be the journey of a lifetime. You see, today is my lucky day. I have very little experience in the field of General Management (on this scale at least), but the Owner of the Claymores, Brad Kern (Mr. Kern, if you’re nasty) was desperate to fill the position and I, obviously, wowed him with my superior command of all thing’s baseball management. Honestly, I’m not sure what it was that put me over the top – my 20-minute diatribe extolling the virtues of the suicide squeeze, that I wore my Bay City Rollers t-shirt to the interview, the part when I recited Trainspotting’s ‘choose life’ bit from memory, or the fact that I was the only applicant – but, whatever it was, and for better or worse, I’m here in Edinburgh on a quest for immortality.

Look, I know less about the General Management of a Planetary Extreme Baseball Alliance Club than I do about pulling off a suicide squeeze – but I’m taking the gig and cashing these checks until I luck into a championship or am found out by the Claymore faithful and chased out of town. Best case scenario, I figure it out, worst case Mr. Kern realizes his mistake and I slip out of the country before he can officially fire me so I can collect at least one more check.

I appreciate the invite, looking forward to digging in, getting to know the group, throwing some elbows, and, most importantly, having a blast getting way too invested in my fake baseball team.

COME ON YOU BROADSWORDS!
Paul Wood
GM Scottish Claymores
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: New GM in Edinburgh!

#2 Post by Borealis »

That's Awesome!!

Welcome Paul, and best of luck with the Scottish!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Lions »

Welcome to the league, Paul!

No one tell him the checks are fake, too...
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Apollos »

Love it!

Great to have you aboard, Paul. Those Scots deserve some stability, do them proud ;-D
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”