All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Steve Hott Rescued from Mt. Washington

#1 Post by Sandgnats »

CRYSTAL LAKE HERALD

SPORTS – GNATS NOW
Steve Hott Rescued from Mt. Washington
Updated: December 10, 2033 – 11:30 PM

Steve Hott was rescued from Mount Washington early this morning after he hurt his leg and spent two cold nights on the mountain.  According to the New Hampshire Department of Fish and Game, Steve Hott, 35, of Cicso, Texas, was on a multi-day on the Appalachian hike when he hurt his leg one evening.  He tried to hike to the summit of Mount Washington to get help. But two miles from the top, Hott had to rest, so he stopped for the night, and set up camp.  The weather took a turn for the worse the following night, and he stayed in his tent, waiting for the weather to improve. But Hott’s leg was feeling worse, and he decided to call 911 for help.  Hott told rescuers he would not be able to walk out himself.

Conservation officers asked members of the Appalachian Mountain Club’s crew if they could hike out to help Hott, but the weather had become too dangerous to attempt a rescue.  So Hott spent another night in the tent.

Wind speeds reached 92 miles per hour on the mountain , and the wind chill factor dipped well below freezing.  Rescuers hiked to Hott’s tent this morning. They treated his leg and helped him hike to the Cog Railway.

Hott described why and what he was doing on a mountain by himself in the winter, "I was merely trying to get this journey started the right way with ayahuasca and did not take into account these winters are a bit different than the ones I'm used to in Texas. I just assume I slipped and fell... simple as that. I really didn't know my leg was broken for about a day." 

Most renowned for the visual imagery it produces, ayahuasca may also generate auditory and olfactory sensations. The earliest effects of the liquid tend to be a warming of the stomach followed by a spreading feeling of physical relaxation and mental calm. There is, though, no loss of vigour or alertness. 

Hott described the process as it begins with "vomitivo," where he chugged lemongrass tea until he had puked a certain amount out of his body. 

"It's such a good cleansing experience," Hott added with a laugh. "I know it sounds crazy, Maes got me into this, but it gets you ready to go into the ceremony that night.  So I did it for two nights. It was incredibly intense. Everybody's journey is different. The second night, I went to hell for eternity. Just knowing eternity is torture in itself because there was no beginning, middle or end, so you have a real ego death."

"It's your psychological hell, basically, is the point of the medicine," Hott continued. "This is medicine that goes, it surpasses anything you could do with talk therapy or hypnotherapy or any of those things. It just goes straight into your soul, and it takes you to the psychological prison that you hold yourself in, and I was definitely there."  :^
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “Crystal Lake Sandgnats”