Record: 5-6, .727, 3 GB
Position: 3rd place
Runs Scored: 31 – 11th in IL
Runs Allowed: 40 – 8th in IL (no bueno)
Defense: .708 – 8th in IL
Power Ranking: 83 (20th in PEBA)
No Injuries! (fingers crossed)

• First Week (1-5): 0 -3 vs. san Juan (terrible start at home), 1-2 at Scottish
•I was already angry at my team after only one week, luckily Yoshida was able to turn things around after only one week!
• Second Week (5-1): 2-0 vs London, 3-1 vs Scottish
• The series against the Claymores was a low score affair (2-1 1st game, 2-4 the 2nd and 1-0 the final one)
• Vicente Diaz started the season with a 0.6 ERA in his first two games!
• The bullpen ERA and Starter ERA is not too shabby, both in the top 10, but it’s still too early to understand the real value of both the bullpen and the starting rotation.
• 1B G.Fernandez is already showing all his talent with the bat after only 11 games! He had 5 HR, 2 Triples and 1 Double in 41 AB!
• C Randy Howell is having a fantastic Start too! Last year is struggled as backup Catcher Luis Vilanueva (now playing for the Madison Malts), but so far I’m happy with his performance both on the field and at the plate! C L.Villanueva had and explosive year last season, putting numbers that no one saw coming! Howell doesn’t have to be an Elite batter, he needs to be the best version of himself! We know that he can be a very good Catcher and a decent middle/late batter
• By the way…We offered 4M for 2years (+ an option for a third year) to Villanueva and now he’s playing for the Malts with a 1 year contract.
• can’t wait to see how April turns out for San Antonio!
• Guys by the way, sorry for my absence on the forum and Slack, I deleted all the social networks and all the other social app. I needed to take a break from technology and all the distractions that come with our cellphone (and pc), but I’m going to re-install Slack after this week end.
• next two weeks: 3 vs Charleston, 3 at Hartford, 2 at London, 2 at San Juan, 4 vs Hartford (see you all back in may)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marco Cesare
San Antonio Calzones of Laredo
MarcoC
Single-A
Single-A

Re: 2033 SEASON - APRIL

#2 Post by MarcoC »

May 2nd, 2033

Subject: Week 3&4 Notes

Record: 10-14, .417, 9 GB
Position: 3rd place
Runs Scored: 88 – 7th in IL
Runs Allowed: 105 – 10th in IL
Defense: .716 – 6th in IL
Power Ranking: 83 (23rd in PEBA)
No Injuries: Declan Littleworth SP, Out 3 months, Bone Chips (elbow)

• Third Week (3-4): 2-1 vs. Charleston, 0-3 at Hartford, we also won the first game of the London series
• Fourth Week (3-4): 1-1 at London, 1-1 at S.Juan, 1-3 vs Hartford
• SP D.Littleworth, was add in the later part of free agency to fill the gap in the starting rotation. We needed a veteran arm in the 3rd/4th slot (is it call slot?) I think that 2M for 1 year was a decent contract and I’m sad to see him spending most of the regular season with a injury
• So far I’m happy for my Starting Rotation…
• …on the other hand, the bullpen is struggling! We don’t have a reliable arm!
• As I said before, is still too early to judge this team, I’ll keep you update!
• next update is going to be a deeper recap of some of my key players!
Marco Cesare
San Antonio Calzones of Laredo

Return to “San Antonio Calzones of Laredo”