Joe Randall Wins Manager of Year

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Joe Randall Wins Manager of Year

#1 Post by Alleghenies »

If you could trade coaches Joe Randall would be worth 2 Top 5 prospects.  Joe was just given his 3rd Manager of the Year in a row and at the same time winning his 3 championship in a row and his 4th overall since joining Mansfield.  Three years ago, Mansfield was endangered of being moved out of town, but Mr. Randall made it his mission to win the championship to make it impossible for them to move.  Once he did that he just keeps winning and like a fine wine gets better with age.  Will he ever leave Mansfield for the PEBA? Well probably not, because at 57 he just signed a 5-year extension with Mansfield and when that contract runs out, people would not be surprised if he signs again.

“I love this town, but everyone already knows that.  But what they might now know is I also love my personnel.  Pancho Rodriguez is a genius pitching coaching and if there is a better guy at teaching hitting than Koshiro Matsuoka, please show him to me.  Without them we aren’t winning like we do, because of the work the put into teaching the players translates on the field.  It never hurts to have the players that I keep getting, I won’t be ignorant about that either.  I am super happy to sign the extension and I can’t wait for the next 6 years here in Mansfield. “said Joe Randall.

“When I think of role models, it is Joe Randall.  Every time I have a problem that I would like a second opinion, Joe is there to lend an opinion based on years of experience.  I am just hoping to have a coaching career half as good as his.  Thanks Joe, and congrats on well deserved award.” said manager Hugh Watson.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia

Return to “League News and Articles”