New Kalamazoo GM

Badgers
Single-A
Single-A

New Kalamazoo GM

#1 Post by Badgers »

Hello All,

My name is Jaime, and I will be the new GM for the Kalamazoo Badgers. I am excited to see what this league is all about. I have heard a fair amount about it from RJ, but this is my first experience with the software, so hopefully everything comes quickly. I am a Yankees fan, so being able to control a team from Jeter's hometown is somewhat fitting. Anyways, I am looking forward to getting into the upcoming season!
Jaime Stackpole
GM Kalamazoo Badgers
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: New Kalamazoo GM

#2 Post by Borealis »

Welcome and best of luck Jaime!! OOTP is a beast - there’s a lot to learn, so please reach out to the group - we probably have 500 seasons worth of GM experience here - and a League in its 25th season. That’s a lot to lean on!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Apollos »

Welcome aboard, Jaime, glad to have you join the group as a recently returned GM myself. As Mike said there’s a bit of a learning curve with OOTP but lots of accumulated experience in our ranks so feel free to reach out if you need some help. Best of luck ;-D
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Leones »

Welcome to PEBA Jaime! Who's Jeter? :twisted:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Arroyos »

We'll forgive you being a Yankee fan, Jaime. Do you pronounce your name as in Spanish (Hi-may) or the way a Bostonian would (Jay-mee)? Just curious. Welcome aboard the PEBAverse Express!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Badgers
Single-A
Single-A

#6 Post by Badgers »

Bulldozers wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:43 pm We'll forgive you being a Yankee fan, Jaime. Do you pronounce your name as in Spanish (Hi-may) or the way a Bostonian would (Jay-mee)? Just curious. Welcome aboard the PEBAverse Express!
It’s the spanish way. You may be the one of only a handful of people to know the difference. 😂. And no forgiveness needed, when this shortened season happens and the team is fully healthy because they can really only make it through a partial season, the commissioners trophy will be enough for me.
Jaime Stackpole
GM Kalamazoo Badgers
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Reg »

Welcome to the PEBA universe, Jaime! :D
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#8 Post by Sandgnats »

Welcome :clap:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Denny »

Welcome Jaime! My wife is a Yankees fan as well (*shakes head in a "crazy kids, go figure" way*) :smile:

My advice to you about the league, particularly if you are new to OOTP and online leagues such as PEBA, is to hold off on making any trades, big-money FA signings, etc., until you kind of get the lay of the land and see how things work. It's easy for a neophyte to put their franchise into a big hole, and trying to dig out can take a lot of time and trouble to do. Have fun and don't be afraid to ask for advice either here on the forums or in Slack.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Borealis »

Codgers wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:43 pm Welcome Jaime! My wife is a Yankees fan as well (*shakes head in a "crazy kids, go figure" way*) :smile:

My advice to you about the league, particularly if you are new to OOTP and online leagues such as PEBA, is to hold off on making any trades, big-money FA signings, etc., until you kind of get the lay of the land and see how things work. It's easy for a neophyte to put their franchise into a big hole, and trying to dig out can take a lot of time and trouble to do. Have fun and don't be afraid to ask for advice either here on the forums or in Slack.
+1
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#11 Post by Maulers »

Codgers wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:43 pm Welcome Jaime! My wife is a Yankees fan as well (*shakes head in a "crazy kids, go figure" way*) :smile:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Lions »

Badgers wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:28 amI have heard a fair amount about it from RJ, but this is my first experience with the software, so hopefully everything comes quickly. I am a Yankees fan, so being able to control a team from Jeter's hometown is somewhat fitting.
Glad you're here, Jaime... I'm a Yankees fan, too, so it's good to hear the Badgers are staying "in the family"!

Feel free to ask questions here or on Slack. We're a pretty friendly group of folks.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#13 Post by Fishermen »

Belated welcome, but welcome Jaime! I don't have a lot to add and I don't want to say "go Yankees" so...welcome!
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#14 Post by KenH »

Welcome, Jaime! I'm always excited to see new GMs in the league.
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Hitmen »

Welcome Jaime!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009