Season Home Run Record

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Season Home Run Record

#1 Post by Zephyrs »

Monday, September 23, 2030, Reno, NV: Steve Boyer, Reno Zephyr’s Star Centerfielder, is on a mission in 2030. A mission to help his team succeed with a powerful home run swing.

“All I ever wanted was to help my team succeed. I never really though much about records or having my name written somewhere special,” the twenty seven year-old Zephyrs Centerfielder said.

That special place is in Planetary Extreme Baseball Alliance record book. And Boyer has already shown that he is more than capable of leaving a mark on the game.

Way back in 2016, Tsumemasa Morimoto set the all-time single season home record with 53 dingers, while splitting his time with both The Manchester Maulers and The New Orleans Trendsetters. That record has stood for over thirteen seasons. And on a partly cloudy evening at Northern Lights Park, in the sixth inning, Steve Boyer lifted Aurora pitcher Bob Erickson’s pitch over the outfield fence for his 53rd home run on the season, tying the PEBA single season record.

The left-handed hitting Centerfielder is completing his third season in PEBA after proving that he can hit at every level he has played since high school. His first two seasons in PEBA were pretty solid but, this year, Boyer is locked in on making history. And despite his quiet demeanor and reputation for rarely making waves, he appear to really want to break the record.

“I’m going for it this year,” Boyer said. “I really didn’t think about it until I got to 50 this season. Then it was like, I am all in on breaking the record. Really the whole team has gotten on board. It has been a ton of fun for all of us.”

Only a few years ago, it would have been unthinkable to expect Boyer to approach such a milestone. He showed good power throughout his career but wasn’t exactly crushing the ball like he is this season. His highest home run total in the minors was 27 in 609 plate appearances. He showed good power in his first two seasons in PEBA but his power has really surged this year.

“Steve has a strong body and good reflexes. He put in a ton of work in the off season, installing a batting cage in his home and working on launch angles,” said batting coach Antonio Morales.

At 6 feet 5 inches and 245 pounds, Steve Boyer is an imposing figure. He also happens to be a multi-threat. He has outstanding speed and base running instincts. He has 45 stolen bases on the year and he plays outstanding defense in centerfield.

With the PEBA season coming to a close and the Zephyrs having the best finish in many seasons, it is great for the fans to get to enjoy a home run chase. It feels right that Steve Boyer’s name will earn a special place in The Reno Zephyrs’ and PEBA history books.

“This team is special and we are ready to write our story,” Boyer said, “and I’m ready to help write that narrative with my bat and my glove.”

Post navigation
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Season Home Run Record

#2 Post by Borealis »

Boyer has become a force in the SL and should help boost Reno for years to come - he's killing us! Nice write-up Scott!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Season Home Run Record

#3 Post by Arroyos »

Go, Boyer! Go, Zephyrs!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010

Return to “League News and Articles”