Duluth’s Historic Logo gets an Update

DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

Duluth’s Historic Logo gets an Update

#1 Post by DrewV »

Link to Article

INTERLAKE REGISTER: GREAT LAKES UPDATE

The symbol of Warrior Nation is entering the 2030s.

In a scheduled press conference, GM Ricky McCoy announced the launch of a new branding campaign, focused on “maintaining the legacy” of the organization in a “stylish, appealing” medium.

“When I met with the branding firm last fall, I made it clear that the traditional style and colors of Duluth were an integral part of the new vision,” McCoy told reporters at Warrior Hall this morning. “However, with the increase in fan interest and the ‘settling in’ of the new management, it was imperative to update the logo to appeal to the market in 2030.”

While the colors, base, and crossed bats remain on the logo, the franchise added a ‘Roman’ style helmet inside the base and removed the strange “W,” which is rumored to have once belonged to a now-defunct Werder Bremen Soccer club in Germany.

McCoy elaborated further in an interview with KWAR this morning.

“We decided to demonstrate the spirit of the Warriors visually with Roman galea, the helmet of elite warriors of the Roman Legion. This symbolizes both the skill and discipline of our players on the field–and is in keeping with the Warrior spirit of Duluth.”

Market analysts project that now “vintage” jerseys and memorabilia is already rising in value in the online markets.

“I think this is a logical move for the franchise,” Mandy Scott of the Duluth Times told the Interlake Register this afternoon. “The Duluth logo was–forgive me–very bad. The management was able to keep the general spirit of it while re-shaping it into something palatable.”

Grumpy Joe Larsen, meanwhile, was not impressed.

“Fiddlesticks! Leave it to the crown prince of Dumpster Fires, Ricky McCoy, to profane our holy symbol of a better age! Everything that brick-brained dunce touches turns to ash!”

Crews were seen throughout Doyle Bluth Stadium this afternoon updating signs, banners, and windows.
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Duluth’s Historic Logo gets an Update

#2 Post by Leones »

I like the new logo and especially how it reatins some of the classic elements of the old one.

Having read the article on he website I gotta know; where can I get one of those sweet beanie caps! ;-D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Return to “League News and Articles”