hey everyone, read and respond please

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hey everyone, read and respond please

#1 Post by Reg »

I want to try something a little bit new for this season so I am asking if everyone would help out, it will only take a minute of your time...

I am going to undertake the task of writing a season preview similar to the one John wrote last year, except I would like to include actual quotes and thoughts from the owner's about their team...

so if you would send me a pm with a quote about one of the following:

how your team is improved
how you think your team will do
your chances on making the playoffs
A key player you want to highlight

feel free to be as creative as you want, and I promise to not misquote anyone

so please take a minute and come up with a short statement, thanks in advance
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

What a great idea! I'll definitely be participating in this. As soon as I get finished with tonight's sim I'll see if I can PM you some info, Paul. I'll also make it a point to highlight this post in my next mailing.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Reg »

Here is what the finished product will look like as I break down the league division by division, the quotes are from Patrick, and I hope to post the pan-atlantic by tommorrow night so if you want a few quotes in please respond by 3 or 4 tommorrow...thanks to those who have already sent me quotes....

so this es a teaser for owners wondering what to say or if saying something is worth it....

Connecticut Nutmeggers

Key departures: 1B Dave Ross, RF Bernardo Marin

Key Arrivals: RF Jose Cortez, SP Tim Higgins, 1B Michizane Kouki, SP Adrian Resendez (AAA)

Roster Movement Analysis: Connecticut upgrades at 1B and RF and saves some money. Higgins has been a disappointment at every stop and Adrian Resendez is an unknown who may or not be ready for the big show. GM Patrick Reust who tabs Resendez as a key to future Nutmegger success said, “Whether his promotion to Connecticut was premature or not is debatable. He has shown some great potential to be a clubhouse leader as well as a top of the rotation starter.”

2009 Outlook: 65-97

Analysis: The Nutmeggers are a few years away from contention but have put together a strong foundation that should allow them to win 10-15 more games. RF Jose Cortez is a proven young superstar and his bat alone will carry the team at times. However, they need a few players (Taylor, John, Brooks) to step up and be base runners to keep teams from simply walking Cortez. If 3B Miguel Lluea gets hot expect Cortez to see more hittable pitches. Their Achilles heal will be pitching, they finished 12th in the majority of categories last year, and they have a young staff this year that will probably take its lumps and experience highs and lows. Reust expounded, “We are hoping for a .500 season, but with such a young staff and injuries being a problem in the past, the team is cautiously optimistic about this goal.”

Offensive MVP: Jose Cortez in a landslide

Pitching MVP: Jason Oliver, who should have another consistent year and increase his win total due to better run support
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”