2029 Playoffs

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2029 Playoffs

#1 Post by Borealis »

So here we are - the 2029 playoffs!!! Congrats to all the teams who have qualified for this year's race for the Rodriguez Cup!! We had some exciting races down to the wire!!

So, here's the deal - I need every team in the playoffs to trim their rosters back down to 26. The game will not advance us into the Wild Card series without this

Once we get that out of the way, and when the Wild card teams are ready to go and have exported - and posted here as being ready, I will go ahead and sim. We will 'speed sim' through the post-season - I will go as fast as the playoff GMs export - but I will not sim more than one cycle per day. We will follow the plan listed below. We will not go more than two full days without a sim, so 5pm PT on the third day will be sim deadline. I will post appropriately after each sim.

All that said - The server issues that have plagued us may throw a monkey wrench into all of this. I would LOVE if we could move forward knowing this is all behind us, and i would likewise like us to begin the playoffs by Thursday, at the latest, but we also have to be patient in these stressful server times. Perhaps use any delays to discuss the post season in the Neat thread here in the forums!!

So for now, playoff teams, get those rosters trimmed and exported and as soon as those are all in and posted here, we will begin to move forward!

Questions: Post those here, too...

Wild Card (best of 5)
PO Sim 1: WC Games 1 & 2
PO Sim 2: WC Games 3 & 4 (if ness)
PO Sim 3: WC Games 5 (if ness)

Division Series (best of 7)
PO Sim 4: Div Games 1 & 2
PO Sim 5: Div Games 3, 4 & 5 (if ness)
PO Sim 6: Div Games 6 & 7 (if ness)

League Championship Series (best of 7)
PO Sim 7: LCS Games 1 & 2
PO Sim 8: LCS Games 3, 4 & 5 (if ness)
PO Sim 9: LCS Games 6 & 7 (if ness)

Planetary Extreme Championship Series (best of 7)
PO Sim 10: PEC Games 1 & 2
PO Sim 11: PEC Games 3, 4 & 5 (if ness)
PO Sim 12: PEC Games 6 & 7 (if ness)
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2029 Playoffs

#2 Post by Leones »

Which rosters are you referring to specifically? The active roster? There is a 26 man playoff roster but that's naturally capped at 26. I guess I figured that the playoff roster was THE roster going in to the playoffs.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

Leones wrote:Which rosters are you referring to specifically? The active roster? There is a 26 man playoff roster but that's naturally capped at 26. I guess I figured that the playoff roster was THE roster going in to the playoffs.
I believe this is actually correct - but have a contingency plan, just in case...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Akira »

Exported
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Ghosts »

Bears are a go
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Leones »

Havana has exported.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Lions »

Huge congrats to all the PEBA playoff teams!

Fun fact, if you're not in the Desert Hills, this is only the second time that just one Desert Hills team has made the postseason. Fargo and Neo-Tokyo both had better records than Bakersfield, so this SL Wild Card series is gonna be serious. 2023 and 2011 were the only other times that the 5th best team in the SL had 95 or more wins. Fargo was -5 on their Pythag, meaning they could've been expected to win 5 more games than they actually did. You've got a team here with 100 win talent. I really like Neo-Tokyo, but it looks like Pat Watson is healthy, so...

Over in the IL, Scottish and Kentucky. Haggis vs Bourbon. Is that even a choice? On that note, who outside of the highlands knows that the Claymores paced the IL in runs scored this year? No, it wasn't West Virginia, or Havana, or Florida. They scored nearly 90 more runs than the Thoroughbreds. Kentucky did have better pitching, but not by that much. Still, I'm going with Kentucky, because, you know... bourbon.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#8 Post by Alleghenies »

WV Exported
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#9 Post by Vic »

Playoff roster exported.
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Duane »

;-D
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Borealis »

OK, we have simmed Wild Card games 1 & 2, and that's ready for you.

We are now in speed sim mode - I will sim when all four GM's post in this thread that they have a final export. Our next sim will be no later than Sunday, 5pm PT, but I will run it tomorrow morning if I have confirmation from KTY, SCO, NT and FAR by then.

Because of our server troubles, I will plan on morning sims, as I feel that gives ALL GMs more time to surf the difficulties of updating. I say ALL GMs because, remember, you may want to throw some extensions out to some of your players. It's up to you to stay attentive during our speed sim playoffs, so don't miss out on a chance to get contract offers out!

If you try and try again with the in-game download and it fails, here's the link to the manual file:
WC Sim 1 file

And here are the instructions (ignore the older link) for downloading and adding the files:
League File Workaround

If you have difficulties exporting, let me know - there's a workaround there, too... If you are a non-playoff team who just wants to get a contract extension offer out there, and you are struggling with the technology, connect with me and I'll try to do that for you...

PHEW!
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#12 Post by Vic »

Scotland, rooting for this cursed season to end ASAP, has exported for the third (and hopefully last) game in the IL Wildcard series.
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Duane »

ready for WC 2
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#14 Post by Akira »

Exported for WC2
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner