The Great Train Robbery?

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#16 Post by Duane »

a VORP of 5 would be an absolute stud on a Kentucky team ...
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Alan Ehlers

Canton

#17 Post by Alan Ehlers »

it is obvious we have far differant scouting reports because what your scouts see and what mine see are at total end of the spectrum. If Thorton is so bad then why is he listed as a top 100 prospect in Peba? How can you explain that? As for Fisher, I wanted a left handed starter and Fisher my scouts love better then Taylor who is going to arbitration next year and will cost more then Fisher who i will resign. Also with Thorton , he has not played that much so I do not think it is right to gauge his performance on that. The bottom line is that my scouts love him and he is a top 100 prospect so I think he will be a star.

Also I agree to a certain extent about numbers , however, what does not show up in the boxscore can win games. Stats do not always tell an accurate tale.

So Duluth is a college baseball player and that means what ?, I played baseball in college, on the army post team, so what does it mean.

I am a college professor with a degree in physics, history, political science and english lit and does that mean anything?

As for stats they do not tell the whole story and I honestly think they do not tell everything.

And telling me that stating Taylor has a losing record is a stupid arguemnt is staying civil?, well for starters I said his scouting reports are going down and that he had a losing record. Granted I did not say it in the same paragraph but I like Fisher better then Taylor and so do my scouts and also he will cost me less then Taylor to resign.

And when did this love affair with Taylor start look at his latest scouting report then come and see me and look at this stats which bear out his scouting report. What the tragedy is is that someone will sign him to a multimillion dollar deal and everyone will think it is great , but mark my words he will not be worth the money.
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#18 Post by Coqui »

In re: you and Duluth. I merely meant that he knows baseball. Based on what I know of you, I would say no, the degrees mean nothing.

Stats always tell an accurate tale. We are clearly at an impasse here. I am new-school and prefer the objective truth. You are old-school and prefer to go with the cliches, scouts and all that. It's like the difference between Theo Epstein or Mark Shapiro and Bill Bavasi and Peter Angelo.

We've all said our piece. Are you on for the bet?
Alan Ehlers

And by the way

#19 Post by Alan Ehlers »

In what context are you using the term objective truth? Because to be honest I am more of a post modernist and can offer up the Foucault argument or various others on how objective truth is just pseudo intellectual nonsense. I am just curious as to where you are fitting your absolute truth arguement because if you are using it to pertain to baseball you are using it wrong.

As for the old school what does it mean I use cliches and other stuff. I prefer to think of myself as a baseball purist who knows stats lie and are not reliable.

And just because yuo have said we have said our piece does not mean I have.

Return to “League News and Articles”