PEBA/LRS Hall of fame?

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: PEBA/LRS Hall of fame?

#31 Post by Wind Dancers »

The board was talking about this a few weeks ago. Those players were unintentionally added to the HoF but I believe the plan is to take them off and do our own HoF voting.

Though I'm not sure what the entire plan is yet, it's definitely on our radar.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Borealis »

As Dylan said, we are beginning conversations about this, maybe we'll have something for the Winter Meetings, but no promises.

I'm not sure how the game ended up with those two enshrined - and I see no way to delete that, as for sure, those wouldn't be our first two choices (sorry 'Whitey')...

If anyone wants to chirp in here with any structural/procedural ideas, they'd be welcome - but lets leave the specific 'Who's' for a later date...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Lions »

StatsLab does have a HoF voting module which I can walk you guys through if you need it. I'm a big fan of waiting a few years after retirement before making players eligible for election. I'm also a big fan of having a larger ballot and letting the voters decide who they care about.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#34 Post by Sandgnats »

I am certainly very excited for this when we get it up and running.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#35 Post by Borealis »

Leones wrote:Was mucking around in statsab and noticed there were two residents in the "Hall of Fame' :

Tony Carmona
Salvador Reyes

Did statslab make those picks on its own? I'm guessing it did. Also wanted to bounce this thread, we're due for a HOF :)
Ah... I went back and read our Board discussions, and found my own comment on this - those were INT'L League HoF's - the Puerto Rican and Mexican leagues, that they got voted in for. If you search by League, you'll see them pop up. I think that the PEBA tab is showing a 'universe' view - maybe because they had PEBA experience? It looks like that's the case if you look at stat lines that come up on the StatsLab HoF pages.

Now... how those two ended up being inducted into those INT'L Hall's - and others haven't, is an interesting question... maybe time to search the settings...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by Lions »

OOTP doesn't have league specific HOF's. There's only the question of in or out.
Frank Esselink
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by Borealis »

Badgers wrote:OOTP doesn't have league specific HOF's. There's only the question of in or out.
Actually, OOTP does have separate Halls, according to the settings - and even though the PEBA settings are off, the other Leagues are on!! So I'm guessing that's why they got voted in - doesn't explain why they were - Carmona doesn't seem to meet any criteria.

My guess is that there aren't 'specific-specific' Hall's, and that's why the PEBA Hall show's Carmona and Reyes - they both played in the PEBA - but Carmona doesn't show up in the Mexican Hall because he didn't play in that League, and vice versa Reyes and the PR Hall.

So I'm turning off the HoF switches for all the Leagues that have it on, so more players don't get added in - and the next trick is... How to delete that from the game...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#38 Post by Borealis »

To follow-up, looking back at the previous versions - somewhere between v17 and v18, the 'Enable AI Voting' for those Int'l Leagues got enabled - and thus we have our two HoFers... My guess? Someone thought that it would be a good idea for the Int'l Leagues to have Halls - what with PEBA HoF talk brewing, so they enabled AI voting, not realizing that the game handled HoF players as we are seeing it... Grrrrrrrr...
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by Lions »

It may no longer be the case, but it used to be that while there are settings for each league to elect HOFer's, once elected, they all got put into the same HOF. So even if Carmona got in for his time in the winter leagues, he'd be put in the same HOF that PEBA stars would get in.
Frank Esselink
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by Borealis »

Badgers wrote:It may no longer be the case, but it used to be that while there are settings for each league to elect HOFer's, once elected, they all got put into the same HOF. So even if Carmona got in for his time in the winter leagues, he'd be put in the same HOF that PEBA stars would get in.
Yeah, I think that's the case - but I did find out how to delete players from the HoF - done!

Return to “HoF Discussion”