Something Odd in Rotation Usage, Resulting in Injury

Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

Something Odd in Rotation Usage, Resulting in Injury

#1 Post by Vic »

I noticed something odd in the game's handling of one of my starting pitchers (Jorge Vazquez) in the last two sims - and in the most recent one, he suffered an injury that has him out now for 3-4 months.

Even though my rotation is set as a strict 5-man, on occasion highest rested (figuring if there's a day off, I could get an extra start out of one of my better starters), Vazquez twice was started on two days' rest - he started on 5-22 (7 IP, 106 p) and 5-24 (5.1 IP, 67 p); then on 5-29 (7 IP, 109 p) and 5-31 (3 IP, 45 p).

This most recent time out, he lasted 3 innings before suffering "forearm inflammation" and going down, basically for the rest of the season. That hurts because he had developed into a solid #3 starter (6-4, 3.00 ERA).

Nothing to be done about it now, but I am going to reset my rotation to strict 5-man with no exceptions ... just a heads up to keep an eye on your starters' usage.
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Something Odd in Rotation Usage, Resulting in Injury

#2 Post by Borealis »

I always use strict to avoid confusion.

Out of curiosity, do you use 7-day lineups? I've seen pitching staffs get mucked up if you leave it in, but don't update each sim.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#3 Post by Vic »

I have used them - that may be what happened.
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by KenH »

One setting I wish you could set on individual player strategies would be something like "do not use unless above xx% rested" so you could just set it and forget it -- especially for starters.
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#5 Post by Vic »

On the bright side, it gives me a good storyline!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#6 Post by Fishermen »

Featherheads wrote:One setting I wish you could set on individual player strategies would be something like "do not use unless above xx% rested" so you could just set it and forget it -- especially for starters.
That would be a good idea Ken ;-D Get that in to the developer's team straight away
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”