2028 Schedule

Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

2028 Schedule

#1 Post by Board of the PEBA »

PEBA 2028 v4.png
Here we go guys!! I'm excited to get the Regular Season started and here is the initial schedule of sim dates and the significant dates during the regular season.

The first thing to note: The previous schedule had an 'in-between sim', between the end of Spring Training and the start of the Regular season, which would have been next Monday, the 14th. The Opening week of games would then begin the following Thursday, the 17th. Upon researching this (and some highly detailed experimentation that would blow your mind), that in-between day, aimed at avoiding minor leaguers gaining service time, is unnecessary and as such, this Friday's sim will run to 4/3 ('the morning of' Opening Day). Monday, the 14th's sim will be the first games of the 2028 season. PLEASE be sure to import over this weekend and set your 26-man rosters - and your AAA & AA rosters (as those leagues start Monday as well). I'll be willing to manage some missed things - I REALLY don't want to be forced to be the bad AI guy...

The Draft Pool will be announced with Wednesday's Sim and the Draft will be following the Thursday, February 14th sim. The Draft, held in the PEBA Chat Room, with the use of StatsLab, will be held over that weekend, February 16 & 17 (yeah, I know it's President's Day... we'll chat if need be...). Times to be announced as we approach the Draft. Plan on 1pm ET (10am PT) both days. Attending the Draft is one of the mandatory GM responsibilities, and if you can not attend, please plan on posting a list in StatsLab. Dylan has been working behind the scenes on cleaning things up and making sure we are in a great space there. Thanks Dylan!! There are rumors the StatsLab Scouting Group has retired... What a shame... We/I will discuss at a later date strategies for getting a list up in StatsLab - particularly for the new GMs, but it'll no doubt help most of us!!

If all goes well, we are scheduled to begin the Post-Season by the end of April and the beginning of the 'post-post-season' by the latter portion of May. More on that when the time comes.
This PEBA 'Train Arollin''... (gotta use it now - it ain't getting much play this season... :shake: )

Please, scan the schedule and let me know if there are problems, mistakes, unseen easter eggs...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2028 Schedule

#2 Post by Denny »

I hate to be the fly in the ointment....but I will be visiting my parents over the Christmas holiday and have no PEBA access from Dec. 22 - 29 or 30; meaning that, while I could probably manage the migration if all goes smoothly, I would still miss the entire preseason and start of spring training. :(
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#3 Post by Board of the PEBA »

In both the interest of meeting holiday needs, and the realization that I hadn't budgeted into the schedule a v19 file upload for people to get, I've posted a Schedule v2, that has a new file posted (hopefully) by Saturday 12/22, skipping a Christmas Eve sim. The offshoot of it is we move opening day from Monday 1/14 to Wednesday 1/17 - so only 1-sim day gets lost; so that's Neat. With that, we return to our normal M-TH sim schedule for the regular season.

I hope this meets everyones needs better, and gives folks enough lead time through the holidays and into Spring Training. As always, please check my work and holler if I goofed somewhere...
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

Board of the PEBA wrote:In both the interest of meeting holiday needs, and the realization that I hadn't budgeted into the schedule a v19 file upload for people to get, I've posted a Schedule v2, that has a new, V19 file posted (hopefully) by Saturday 12/22, skipping a Christmas Eve sim. The offshoot of it is we move opening day from Monday 1/14 to Wednesday 1/17 - so only 1-sim day gets lost; so that's Neat. With that, we return to our normal M-TH sim schedule for the regular season.

I hope this meets everyones needs better, and gives folks enough lead time through the holidays and into Spring Training. As always, please check my work and holler if I goofed somewhere...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#5 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Please note that the first post has been updated with the Initial Regular Season Sim Schedule. Please review and contact me (@Borealis) if there are any problems. Thanks!
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#6 Post by Sandgnats »

A Valentines Weekend Draft! :sweat:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Arroyos »

Sandgnats wrote:A Valentines Weekend Draft! :sweat:
It's always drafty after Valentines Day. Arrows in the wind and all those wounded hearts.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#8 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Just a quick note regarding the schedule - a minor adjustment has been made, you may or may not have noticed this. The original schedule had us simming Monday up to September 1, for roster adjustment, and then Thursday simming the rest of that 'week' (up to September 4). Instead the sim blazed past the Call Up date. It's really not a big deal (I think, and I apologize if you do). In retrospect, it seems to me in recent years we had stopped the practice of ending sims on 9/1. This is something we can certainly discuss and see how people feel about it for the future.

The upshot is the remaining few weeks all get moved up one spot on the schedule - so if you had made calendar plans based on the old schedule, note that you'll need to adjust it. The regular season ends on Tax Day, and not the 18th.
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Evas »

I like the decision.

The drag of things at the end of the year and through the playoffs hurts engagement.

Better to keep things moving.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”