SS Evas 2027 CP Reward Choices

A place for old CP rewards
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SS Evas 2027 CP Reward Choices

#1 Post by Evas »

Convert Player to Personnel: Toshikasu '+7 Vorpal' Tanaka - Manager SSA - 120pts to teaching rookies + 120pts to teaching pitching. - 20 CP

Convert Player to Personnel: Katsunan Hiraoka - Manager AA - 120pts to teaching rookies + 120pts to teaching hitting. - 20 CP

Improve Personnel: Trainer Jorge Rocha - Prevent Other Injuries - 30CP

Winter Ball - Bob Pena (A) - Catcher Ability: 40 CP & Catcher Arm: 70 CP = 110CP + $1,000,000 Cash

Pitch Focus - Subaru Adachi (AAA) - Remove "Changeup" and add 100% to "Slider" - 90CP + $1,000,000 Cash

Total: 270 CP + $2,000,000 Cash
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: SS Evas 2027 CP Reward Choices

#2 Post by Borealis »

Hey Kevin-

Two issues with your request:

1) Shin Seiki has a -$1.5M in cash, and thus can not pay for the changes...

2) Subaru is already maxed out on the slider.

If you can get the cash, and then want to alter your request with another WB candidate, please post here.

Coaches and Trainers, which are free changes, will be processed...

Thanks
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Evas »

Borealis wrote:Hey Kevin-

Two issues with your request:

1) Shin Seiki has a -$1.5M in cash, and thus can not pay for the changes...

2) Subaru is already maxed out on the slider.

If you can get the cash, and then want to alter your request with another WB candidate, please post here.

Coaches and Trainers, which are free changes, will be processed...

Thanks
Hey Mike,

I think we need to reconsider what we consider available "Cash". We had historically considered "Starting Balance to be "Cash" but I think there have been some changes in OOTP accounting nomenclature over the versions. "Starting Balance" is now a fixed total and cannot be changed throughout a season - no matter how much "Cash" is acquired in trades.

For example, I traded away $4.6M from London to SJ. $4.6M did not get deducted from London's "Starting Balance". But it was factored in to the "Total Balance". That is what allowed SJ to send guys to WB.

I think we should now use "Total Balance" - because it includes funds we have received and spent to date (cash from trades, Season Tickets, Media $, etc.).

I don't mean to belabor anything or start a fight. I'll go along with whatever your ruling is. But I really do think we should be looking at "Total Balance".
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

Hey Kevin-

I hear you about the frustrating nature of OOTP Finances - it certainly is frustrating. The key figure, as I see it, is the Cash value on the Finance>Budget Information screen. That is the key figure because unlike the Accounting page - which I feel is easier to read, the Cash figure on Finance>Budget Information does change. As I've added and subtracted cash from teams while doing these CP rewards, that number has changed with the actions.

For instance, if you look at San Juan, they were -$3.6M on the accounting screen. When that deal was made, that figure remained, but on the Finance>Budget Information screen, the cash figure bumped up to +$1M, and up to +$2M when they cashed out some CP - which now reads $0, after paying for a pair of Winter Ball tabs.

For Shin Seiki, your balance is -$1.5M in both locations. Because the figure on the Finance>Budget Information screen actually changes, it feels like the figure that best represents a teams available cash. Using the bottom line is almost like using credit - even though it really isn't. It is that cash figure that has been used thus far for all CP rewards - and San Juan had to make a trade to get to even, so for now, that's the figure we need to use.

Certainly there could be future discussion about which figure we should look at - I was kind of on my own with this one. It is one of The Board's goals to create greater clarity about the 'reward & punishment' rules in the Constitution - and I think spelling out which number we use will make CP rewards a tad more 'user friendly'.

Meanwhile, it'll take $2.5M into the Evil Evas coffers to get Pena to WB. Your trainer is all set, and I'm holding off on the coaches, in case you wanted to use some of that CP for cash. Let me know, please, if you want me to go ahead with the coaches.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Evas »

Let's go ahead with the coaches as planned. I'll just keep the WB CP for next off season.

I agree that we need to at least be consistent this round of CP rewards. So no further protest from me on that front for this offseason.

But I think we should discuss what the path forward should ideally be later. Best to be as clear and realistic as possible.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

Kevin, you've maxed out both players, and have 113 left for +7 and 107 left for Hiroka. Where shall I direct the surplus - Both look like they were good choices...
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Evas »

Borealis wrote:Kevin, you've maxed out both players, and have 113 left for +7 and 107 left for Hiroka. Where shall I direct the surplus - Both look like they were good choices...
What are the available categories and corresponding ratings? OOTP hides a lot of that stuff now I think.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Borealis »

Sorry, Kevin - wanted to hit the markets early...

Handle player
Handle Vets
Teach fielding
teach running

Plus what you already used...
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Evas »

Borealis wrote:Sorry, Kevin - wanted to hit the markets early...

Handle player
Handle Vets
Teach fielding
teach running

Plus what you already used...
Let's go 30 points to Handle Vet, 50 points to Handle Player, and the balance to Teach Fielding.

Thanks, Mike!
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#10 Post by Board of the PEBA »

This has been processed. Thanks for your patience, Kevin!
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Evas »

Board of the PEBA wrote:This has been processed. Thanks for your patience, Kevin!
Awesome. Thanks, Mike.

-- Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:46 am --
Board of the PEBA wrote:This has been processed. Thanks for your patience, Kevin!
I am not seeing my coaches on my personnel screen as of today's sim. When should I expect them?

Return to “Previous CP Rewards”