Migration to v19

Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

Migration to v19

#1 Post by Board of the PEBA »

After tonight’s sim we will be making the move to v19 – Yay!! With that, we should soon have an updated posting on the OOTP forums, with the hope that we will get more than a few nibbles and fill a few of the spots – if not all, that we have open. I really appreciate you all stepping up and helping guide these teams forward. If you could take the time to work a tad bit with them - aside from simple roster management, that would be appreciated. I’ve noticed that there’s a few things needing attention – like London’s $12 ticket prices.

I have already done a test import into v19 and scoured the League settings and it all looked good – although I will warn you that after looking over the Borealis, there were some shifts in the ratings that seemed greater than in the past – the trend seemed to be an upward tick, though not limited to that. This may be related to an ‘under the hood’ setting, where in v18 there were three check boxes and v19 has only two – eliminating one of them. You play with what they give you.

There are a few things that need attention and/or tweaking (because they are annoying). They include:

Buyouts – as some of you may know, v19 makes buyouts a more permanent feature by allowing one to set a minimum percentage when you offer team options. Our Constitution currently reads that a team option must be at least $2M – which seems disproportionate if the contract is small in comparison to a $20M deal with the same buyout.

My question to the group is: should we leave the buyout issue as is or should we set it to a fixed minimum percentage – say 5% or 10% (noting that 10% of a $10M deal is $1M)?

International Feeders – The International College and HS leagues look to have been just thrown together for the sake of being there when we made the international push, and need a little TLC as far as Division titles, etc, plus maybe a bit of realignment. If no one objects, I’m going to play with this. My sense of (accuracy) aesthetics drives me crazy when I see SL2 in the news…

Reliever Award – We have the Reliever Award set as a custom award – a remnant of past versions, but today there is an actual award that is simply turned off – I know we do our own voting and all, so it probably doesn’t matter, but should I fix this?

I will begin the importing of the League File tonight – and time permitting, will upload it and test it out – making sure it can be imported and exported to. Aside from the League file, I am not aware of anything that also needs to go up – so advise as needed – I depend on the community to learn from. Although I have the weekend listed as the time the file will be available, in reality I hope to be able to get that to you tomorrow, so that you each have plenty of time to make sure things work before the first v19 sim Boxing Day and the arrival of PEBA Preseason.

I do ask that, when the time comes, everyone please export from the new file with your team and your Foster Team.

If all works out, we are on-schedule to have Spring Games January 4 and Opening Day 2028 January 16. WHOO HOOO!!
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Migration to v19

#2 Post by Zephyrs »

I think buyouts should be % based. I am open to the level.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Wind Dancers »

I'm sure I speak for a lot of the GM's when I say thanks again Michael for stepping up and taking charge of this. You stepped in at probably the worst possible time with Migration, Offseason, etc, but things have really kicked up a notch.

- Buyouts should be % based. Logically, that would help things scale better.
- I'd love to see a better-organized feeder system, it adds to the immersion especially when writing articles/blogs about newly drafted talent.
- You could probably do either without affecting anything since you will manually enter award winners anyway.

Speaking into the higher ratings in 19, there were some scale changes when it comes to ratings in the new version which is why you will see things change slightly. But along with those rating changes, injuries were much improved. I'd actually be interested in maybe turning on the ability to see the injury proneness rating for players, but that's just my opinion.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Denny »

Yes, I would also have interest in the injury-prone-ness rating turned on, if only for a year or two...just until a majority of the players devastated by the 2026 injury settings have retired or signed in other leagues. Normally I would prefer something "gamey" like that to be turned off, but we have all these guys who very abruptly became ticking injury time bombs.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

For starters, I've set the Buyout meter at 10% - $1M on a $10M deal, and $2M on a $20M deal seems awfully reasonable. If guys want to further discuss this, I'm wide open to suggestions...

My opinion on injuries is the unknown aspect is in keeping with our longstanding philosophy - as much as I might agree with it might be handy info, I also believe in maintaining our traditions.

BUT....

The Great News is...

Thanks to Reg we have our Ad up on OOTP!!! It's still a bit of a work in progress, but we are there!!! Let's all send positive vibes!!! Let's keep an eye on it, and if we can rotate through bumping it as it descends - lets all get involved - that'll make it look like we all are involved!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by Dinosaurs »

I'm good with a 10% buyout percentage as well.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#7 Post by kiersteadmo »

10% is perfect
Mark Kierstead II
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Arroyos »

Damn, that WAS easy! Bravo, Mike!

I successfully opened PEBA in OOTP 19 with no problems. However, the date in game is January 23d, not February 1st. Did I do something wrong?

Stupid me! Just forgot the last step: downloading latest file. I have arrived at February 1.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Denny »

Dang it, I need to update my version of OOTP19....will have to wait and try it after work.

I'm not anticipating any problems, as I had converted versions of the 18 file previously to see what people's ratings looked like etc.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by John »

Migration to OOTP 19 went smooth as silk for me! And I want to encourage folks to add their thanks to our new ad over at the OOTP forums, and to occasionally bump the ad as necessary. Filling these vacant GM positions with eager new bodies should be a top priority now that we're migrated.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#11 Post by MikeB »

Unfortunately mine freezes when I try to download the new file. I never get past 0%.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#12 Post by Wind Dancers »

Coqui wrote:Unfortunately mine freezes when I try to download the new file. I never get past 0%.
It did that for me as well for a minute or two. Just let it run and it should correct itself.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Borealis »

Mike, are you using version 19.9.111? I did experience a slight delay as Dylan mentions...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Arroyos »

I was able to add a "Thanks" to our OOTP ad, but I couldn't figure out how to "bump" it. I admit it, I'm a bump virgin. How does one do the Bump?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#15 Post by Wind Dancers »

Bulldozers wrote:I was able to add a "Thanks" to our OOTP ad, but I couldn't figure out how to "bump" it. I admit it, I'm a bump virgin. How does one do the Bump?
Bumping just means posting in the thread so that the thread stays at the top having new posts. I posted in the thread talking about the immersion.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”