Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

#196 Post by Borealis »

Sandgnats wrote:Do you think this might signal the end of the line for the Train, Mike?
Kinda of hard to say... I fear v19...

Aurora is adding a 6th starter to give everyone an extra day - particular for Provost, whose last few starts have not been pretty (If time was in our favor, I'd skip him all together...) as we head into a stretch of Duluth, 'Gnats, a HUGE Okinawa series (with that day off leading into the series) and Duluth again... I'd say that based on recent performance, that deficit in the standings isn't necessarily insurmountable for our Great Lakes foes...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#197 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:
Sandgnats wrote:Do you think this might signal the end of the line for the Train, Mike?
Kinda of hard to say... I fear v19...

Aurora is adding a 6th starter to give everyone an extra day - particular for Provost, whose last few starts have not been pretty (If time was in our favor, I'd skip him all together...) as we head into a stretch of Duluth, 'Gnats, a HUGE Okinawa series (with that day off leading into the series) and Duluth again... I'd say that based on recent performance, that deficit in the standings isn't necessarily insurmountable for our Great Lakes foes...
For some reason CL typically has a much better record post All-star break. Probably because I stink putting together an opening day roster. This will be very interesting down the stretch. Quite the stretch for Aurora! All 3 in the Great Lakes could easily win the division or be out of the playoffs.... :shock:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#198 Post by kiersteadmo »

The Schneider deal is still looking like a great one. He has surpassed last seasons stats already and has been on a hot streak for a few sims in a row. We are literally weeks away from the end of the season and I hope we can pull it off and make the playoffs.
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#199 Post by Borealis »

The Harley-Flores trade continues to perplex me... I think it was a Ballpark change that made Harley, while Flores has had the kind of season we had hoped we'd get - so we're happy there. Though, it's weird, the number of CS he's racked up...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#200 Post by Morris Ragland »

Borealis wrote:The Train Wreck (which includes a Train that's Stopped Arollin'...) that is called Aurora continued mightily this week as a 6-game home-and-home with the Evil Evas got uglier (Please, Sirs, can we have another...) - with the Evas' 6-game sweep highlights one of Aurora's worst stretches in history and with a 2-8 record in the last 10, has seen a 6-game swing in the Standings, and a new Dog (pun slightly intended) sitting a top the standings... This may not be the worst result if it means we avoid the likely wild card Evas...
Okinawa with home field in the playoffs would be bad news for the rest of the SL (53-19 at home).
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#201 Post by kiersteadmo »

Commish wrote:
Borealis wrote:The Train Wreck (which includes a Train that's Stopped Arollin'...) that is called Aurora continued mightily this week as a 6-game home-and-home with the Evil Evas got uglier (Please, Sirs, can we have another...) - with the Evas' 6-game sweep highlights one of Aurora's worst stretches in history and with a 2-8 record in the last 10, has seen a 6-game swing in the Standings, and a new Dog (pun slightly intended) sitting a top the standings... This may not be the worst result if it means we avoid the likely wild card Evas...
Okinawa with home field in the playoffs would be bad news for the rest of the SL (53-19 at home).

That would be some really tough away games...
Mark Kierstead II
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#202 Post by Denny »

Meanwhile, down in Palm Springs the season has been effectively over for a while (with NINE! major league guys on the 60-day DL that was bound to happen :-[ ) so management has brought in several well-known names from the team's past to try to pump up attendance. Miguel Cantu and Roberto Rodriguez will be making turns in the Springs rotation this week, and Bob Blackwell could see some at-bats as well. :D
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#203 Post by Morris Ragland »

Tough injury news for one contender.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#204 Post by Borealis »

Commish wrote:Tough injury news for one contender.
OUCH!! A couple of rough hits there... Good thing we kept 'Fido' - his hitting has improved of late once he had been benched... Let's see if Castro can pick up the slack...
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#205 Post by Alleghenies »

UGH, for the 2nd time in 2 seasons, my first round pick from last season has blown out his arm/elbow.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#206 Post by Wind Dancers »

As if being 38 games behind Okinawa wasn't enough, OOTP decided two of players that were doing well including Ivan Juarez.

The good news is, OOTP19 seems to have eased up on the injuries a bit...
Last edited by Wind Dancers on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#207 Post by Sandgnats »

I think we are still living with the legacy of last years injuries which raised individual players propensity to get injured.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#208 Post by Wind Dancers »

Sandgnats wrote:I think we are still living with the legacy of last years injuries which raised individual players propensity to get injured.
Agreed. I'd be interested in seeing the injury proneness rating of a few of my guys. I can imagine a handful of them are Fragile or Wrecked.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#209 Post by Evas »

Loving the division race in SL Rising Sun. You could hardly beat being all tied up headed in to the last series of the year and competing for the best record in PEBA. I just wish we were playing each other.

Regardless of how it plays out next sim, I can't be upset. If I lose the division despite winning 102+ games... well hats off to OKA.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#210 Post by Morris Ragland »

Tie-break sim.

We'll advance once participating GMs have exported.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”