Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

#136 Post by Zephyrs »

Leones wrote:I'm also not able to get the latest league file. Get the no new file is available message.
Same
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#137 Post by Borealis »

To roll back to the draft pick conversation, and the 'fear' over selecting Impossible guys - our #1 pick, pitcher Miguel Torres, who wanted $1.12M, we offered $1.3M, knowing he really wouldn't take $1.12M and those Impossible guys usually give you one shot - and he accepted! My experience is Impossible guys aren't really all that impossible...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#138 Post by Leones »

Leones wrote:I'm also not able to get the latest league file. Get the no new file is available message.
Works fine now. Thanks!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#139 Post by Coqui »

Are the Longshoremen contenders? It's late June, and at present we are tied for the last wild card spot and a game out of the lead in the Great Lakes Division. That's pretty heady stuff for a franchise that has never made the playoffs in its history and that has only finished with a winning record once and with a .500 record one other time.

:shock:
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#140 Post by Arroyos »

The mood in the Yuma front office was buoyed this week by exciting news from Kivalina, where this year's #1 draft pick, Joe Arnold, threw a PERFECT GAME in his first professional start!

To top off the good news, five days later this year's #30 pick, Josh Cheney, threw a shutout!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#141 Post by Wind Dancers »

Any chance of getting a Statslab update for All-Star voting? The game is coming up next week and I don't want to miss out on a month of games for voting.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#142 Post by Zephyrs »

Borealis wrote:My experience is Impossible guys aren't really all that impossible...
I have to wonder if this applies to historically bad teams as well.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#143 Post by Denny »

Zephyrs wrote:
Borealis wrote:My experience is Impossible guys aren't really all that impossible...
Hard to know....I'm sure players' enthusiasm varies for different teams.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#144 Post by Borealis »

Codgers wrote:
Zephyrs wrote:
Hard to know....I'm sure players' enthusiasm varies for different teams.
We shall see... The two guys I've signed already didn't need much above their ask - past Impossible guys would have said no to those kinds offers - so who knows. I have one last draftee - a HS kid, who's Impossible, I waited until I signed the others first before making him an offer, so now he has an 'Ask offer' - what he wants ($2.8M, well above slot). I haven't sweetened the offer - if he walks, oh well, he was a 2nd rounder, so there's always comp next year...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#145 Post by Arroyos »

Zephyrs wrote:
That's always been Yuma's experience. We've signed every player we made an offer to just by matching or exceeding their requests. Even the ones who claimed to be "impossible."
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#146 Post by Borealis »

What's Neater than a 7-0 week, including a 3-game sweep at Canton - a place we probably have been swept more than have swept? Mike Britt's 300th career HR, that's what!!! and to top it off, that homer was also his 1,000 RBI!!! Both are good enough for 17th on the All-Time PEBA list...

As we near the mid-point of the season, are we going to have three teams from the Rising Sun in the playoffs? Could be...

Down on the Farm
2027 Top pick, SP Miguel Torres made his first start a solid one, with 8, 2-hit innings with 12 K (1 BB) v. Atsumi... Neat!! 3rd rounder Tim Wilson is 2-0 in his 2 GS, 15.2 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 11 K... but his 7 BB keep it from being Neat - just neat... 2nd rounder C Yato Shirane is off to a quick start with a .341/.451/.512, with more walks than strikeouts - as a matter of fact, he already has as many walks as he had all college season... Neat!! And, just for fun, 8th rounder Chris Ferguson is 1-0, 18 IP, 14 H, 3 R, 25 K, 9 BB in 3 GS... That's not too shabby...

The lone 'Impossible' draftee has yet to decide on his 'ask' offer...
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#147 Post by Wind Dancers »

Toyama continues to stagnate and inches closer and closer to an actual rebuild.

Jose Escobido has returned to the lineup after missing 8 weeks with shoulder inflammation. Coming with him is once-upon-a-time starter Tadamasa 'Six Pack' Hashimoto. Six Pack has struggled heavily with injuries over the past 3 season, his most recent being a partially torn labrum. After spending sometime rehabbing in Yokohama, Hashimoto and his $18,000,000 contract are being given a shot in the pen where the reduced workload could help him stay healthy.

The highlight of this past sim is rookie Ramiro Salinas stealing 4 bases in a single game against Kalamazoo. Unfortunately, we lost our starting SS Edison Terry for 6 weeks with a partially torn labrum.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#148 Post by Sandgnats »

Riddled with injuries and my awesome bullpen from last year is tanking it this year. Just glad to see the rest of the Great Lakes Division is keeping pace with our below average June. Hopefully after the break I will have some key players back from the DL. This has been a very interesting season so far.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#149 Post by kiersteadmo »

After a nervous first half, we are at the top, not sure for how long. Schneider is doing amazing again and glad as Mercer is injured. He is on pace for better year than last year. Hope we can pick up the ace on pitching and do better.
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#150 Post by Wind Dancers »

Wind Dancers wrote:Toyama continues to stagnate and inches closer and closer to an actual rebuild.

Jose Escobido has returned to the lineup after missing 8 weeks with shoulder inflammation. Coming with him is once-upon-a-time starter Tadamasa 'Six Pack' Hashimoto. Six Pack has struggled heavily with injuries over the past 3 season, his most recent being a partially torn labrum. After spending sometime rehabbing in Yokohama, Hashimoto and his $18,000,000 contract are being given a shot in the pen where the reduced workload could help him stay healthy.

The highlight of this past sim is rookie Ramiro Salinas stealing 4 bases in a single game against Kalamazoo. Unfortunately, we lost our starting SS Edison Terry for 6 weeks with a partially torn labrum.
Right on cue, Hashimoto pitches 2/3 of an inning after his return from his rehab assignment and he goes down for 2-3 months with elbow inflammation. He just cannot catch a break and I cannot cut him until the end of next season. Toyama hasn't actually been too bad despite sitting in 4th in a very tough Rising Run division.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”