Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2027, Season 21

#61 Post by Denny »

Wind Dancers wrote:
Codgers wrote:I haven't downloaded tonight's sim yet, let's hope it is better than the last one :puke-front: Not only did we drop 6 of 7 games, we also lost a member of our starting rotation, the spot we are most vulnerable already, for the entire season! :-x Tonight's sim HAS to have gone better than that....hasn't it? :-o
:-o
I see my pre-sim self of yesterday was ridiculously overoptimistic. Is mid-April too soon to pull the plug on a season?
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#62 Post by Arroyos »

Codgers wrote:
Wind Dancers wrote:
Codgers wrote:I haven't downloaded tonight's sim yet, let's hope it is better than the last one :puke-front: Not only did we drop 6 of 7 games, we also lost a member of our starting rotation, the spot we are most vulnerable already, for the entire season! :-x Tonight's sim HAS to have gone better than that....hasn't it? :-o
:-o
I see my pre-sim self of yesterday was ridiculously overoptimistic. Is mid-April too soon to pull the plug on a season?
Denny, I'll be you 1,000 gallons of Colorado River Water your club finishes above .500 and the Dozers have dug themselves into the last place hole.

Whatcha got to put up for my water?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#63 Post by Sandgnats »

Woah that's some damn valuable water!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#64 Post by Denny »

Bulldozers wrote:
Codgers wrote:I see my pre-sim self of yesterday was ridiculously overoptimistic. Is mid-April too soon to pull the plug on a season?
Denny, I'll be you 1,000 gallons of Colorado River Water your club finishes above .500 and the Dozers have dug themselves into the last place hole.

I would counter with 100 bushels of prunes from the Elderberry Field concession stands (very popular with our more senior fans)!
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#65 Post by Arroyos »

Codgers wrote:
Bulldozers wrote:
Codgers wrote:I see my pre-sim self of yesterday was ridiculously overoptimistic. Is mid-April too soon to pull the plug on a season?

I would counter with 100 bushels of prunes from the Elderberry Field concession stands (very popular with our more senior fans)!
It's a bet! I could use some prunes right about now to clear my minor leagues of some talentless blockage.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#66 Post by Sandgnats »

:lol:
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#67 Post by Dinosaurs »

I knew that pre-season in game prediction was overly optimistic on my CF Watson. I think the predicted like 40+ stolen bases for him, which would have required him not to get injured in the first month of the season like he just did and miss the next 3-4 months. The guy is pretty fragile unfortunately.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#68 Post by Borealis »

Bulldozers wrote: It's a bet! I could use some prunes right about now to clear my minor leagues of some talentless blockage.
Very Nice...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#69 Post by Denny »

Bulldozers wrote: It's a bet! I could use some prunes right about now to clear my minor leagues of some talentless blockage.
Jeez, if only I'd known it was that easy... :-B

Meanwhile, we have been keeping up a steady one ML-pitcher-lost-for-season per-sim pace. Let's see if we can keep it up this week! :-{ :puke-front:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#70 Post by Wind Dancers »

Decent sim in Toyama with a sweep of Reno and taking a game off of Aurora. All 4 Rising Sun teams are sitting at or above .500 at the moment though I can't imagine Toyama will stay that way.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#71 Post by Zephyrs »

Wind Dancers wrote:Decent sim in Toyama with a sweep of Reno and taking a game off of Aurora. All 4 Rising Sun teams are sitting at or above .500 at the moment though I can't imagine Toyama will stay that way.
Antonio Vega earned himself a demotion to AAA giving up 8 ERs in 4.1 innings. The other two games were decided by 1 run each.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#72 Post by Sandgnats »

Not what I expected all for April for the Gnats, but I won't argue with the wins. Pitching has been average at best. Definitely under performing at this point. However, the offense posted the most runs in the SL. But with our lead off batter and one of the power hitters out for May, the lineup is going to need some adjustment. I hope the pitching can pick it up for where the offense might lack during April. I also discovered my team is as fast as a sloth with no batter over a speed rating of 6 (one guy).
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#73 Post by MikeB »

My minor league rosters are a mess. I am assuming it went on AI because I had the two DFA violations (Rule 5 guys coming back maybe?). Promotions, demotions galore and some faces popping up I haven't seen for a while and some I've never seen.

Looking further, about a dozen guys who were cut years ago are back. Doesn't look like I lost anybody...excess players just got DFAd
Last edited by MikeB on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#74 Post by kiersteadmo »

Some injuries are down a bit from last year, think at this time last year we had many more injuries league wide.

I have one pitcher doing great and a few hitters, but as a team, I think we are lacking just a tad. hope we pick it up a bit
Mark Kierstead II
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#75 Post by Coqui »

Coqui wrote:Looking further, about a dozen guys who were cut years ago are back.
This has happened to me in the past, and has kept popping up, even as recently this offseason. It feels like I have cut Benoit Faucher about a million times, in fact.

Anyway, are the Longshoremen nearing adequacy this year?!? The calendar has turned to May and we're still over .500? And Pythagoras agrees with us?

Judging correctly, our starting rotation has been, on balance, about as good as we would have hoped, with a starters' ERA of 3.64, good for 7th in the Sovereign. The bullpen has been a surprise, putting up a 2.65 ERA, good for 6th in the Sovereign. Time will tell how sustainable the pitching is - a road-heavy schedule probably means some slippage in ERA as we return to the friendly confines of Svab Memorial. If you want to be an optimist, team defense has greatly improved; the Longshoremen are turning 70.9% of batted balls into outs, 5th best in the Sovereign. Whether that measure is a trailing indicator of a staff that is generating weaker contact, or a causative factor of a staff that is being helped by its defense is almost irrelevant - it's good news either way.

The offense appears to be outperforming its peripherals. The Longshoremen are 8th in runs scored in the Sovereign, despite ranking 11th/12th/11th in the Sovereign in slash stats. We rank 4th in homers and 6th in stolen bases. On an individual level, no one is overperforming, and quite a few players are underperforming:

Vaclav Verlaan has the weirdest stat line: 192/236/442, with 8 of his 20 hits being home runs.

Nicholas Carr, the short-side of the 1B platoon, is 2 for 30 with a homer. His slash stats are 080/207/200.

Imported DH Alexander O'Neal has yet to homer and is hitting 230/264/276

The SS position has turned into a platoon, with rookie Roberto Salazar struggling to adapt to PEBA-level pitching. He's at 208/299/299. Lefty-hitting Hector Marroquin, the big side of the platoon, is showing power (2 HR, .480 SLG, .240 ISO) and a solid glove (+0.0 ZR, 1.002 Eff) but little else (240/269/480)

If you want to be optimistic, recent one year FA signee Miguel Angel Galvez is providing power (275/293/500), and Wunderkind Award hopeful Felix Rodriguez, OSA's #1 prospect in the game, is starting to heat up and is hitting 250/358/400.

It would be nice if the fans would start showing up for the games, although the schedule has been unkind to them. We've had one home weekend series, and have played only 9 of our first 26 at home. That doesn't improve any time soon - our May schedule shows 11 home games and 18 road games, and we will have only had two weekend series at home, vs. six weekend series on the road.

Stay tuned.
James
GM San Juan Coqui

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”