#706 Post by kiersteadmo »

When will CP rewards go into effect?
Mark Kierstead II
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#707 Post by Alleghenies »

I love that this game sometimes makes no sense. There is a FA who I'd love to sign, and he gets along with EVERYONE, yet when I offer him a contract, he says his personality clashes too much with my coach.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#708 Post by kiersteadmo »

Alleghenies wrote:I love that this game sometimes makes no sense. There is a FA who I'd love to sign, and he gets along with EVERYONE, yet when I offer him a contract, he says his personality clashes too much with my coach.

What!!! I have never heard of that. That is crazy ....
Mark Kierstead II
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#709 Post by Wind Dancers »

Alleghenies wrote:I love that this game sometimes makes no sense. There is a FA who I'd love to sign, and he gets along with EVERYONE, yet when I offer him a contract, he says his personality clashes too much with my coach.
From what I can see, all of your coaches have "normal" personalities, unless you are talking minors. I figured players could only clash with temperamental coaches.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#710 Post by Alleghenies »

Wind Dancers wrote:
From what I can see, all of your coaches have "normal" personalities, unless you are talking minors. I figured players could only clash with temperamental coaches.
Nope, he is my major league coach. I've had a few guys say it, but never a guy who says he gets along with everyone.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#711 Post by Duane »

I see that often .... so I fired my coach and it did change 'some' of the responses. I am thinkiong they really mean they don't like my owner (same feeling I have)
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#712 Post by Borealis »

I just hate it when bits clash...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#713 Post by Coqui »

Alleghenies wrote:Happy I got Hou Hao on a minor league contract. I know not a major signing, but my scout really likes him and my last one did too.
Who?

How?!?

I tell ya, that guy is destined for an Abbott and Costelloesque bit.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#714 Post by Sandgnats »

I changed my bench coach because too many players hated him... %-6
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#715 Post by Wind Dancers »

Looks like Aurora had the same issue that we did. I improved my trainer only for his rating to shoot all the way down to inexperience. I'm hoping this is just a visual bug and that his ratings actually improved.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#716 Post by Borealis »

Wind Dancers wrote:Looks like Aurora had the same issue that we did. I improved my trainer only for his rating to shoot all the way down to inexperience. I'm hoping this is just a visual bug and that his ratings actually improved.
Thanks to Dylan's heads up, I was able to take screen shots of before and after the sim - which I have laid upon one another. Patterson went in for Preventing Arm Injuries, and instead of that possibly improving (which I get the roll of the dice), his Heal Arms plummets to the worst possibility - which also caused his reputation to take a hit as well.

Clearly something went wrong here - any ideas why, and can we repair this? That's a pretty drastic drop for it to have been organic.
Aurora_Patterson.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#717 Post by Wind Dancers »

I sent a message to Morris about it as well. I'm thinking 1 of 2 things happened:

1. It's a visual bug that will fix itself and the ratings themselves are fine.

2. The amount that was supposed to be ADDED to the rating, instead REPLACED the rating giving us the super low score they have now.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#718 Post by Denny »

Borealis wrote:
Wind Dancers wrote:Looks like Aurora had the same issue that we did. I improved my trainer only for his rating to shoot all the way down to inexperience. I'm hoping this is just a visual bug and that his ratings actually improved.
Thanks to Dylan's heads up, I was able to take screen shots of before and after the sim - which I have laid upon one another. Patterson went in for Preventing Arm Injuries, and instead of that possibly improving (which I get the roll of the dice), his Heal Arms plummets to the worst possibility - which also caused his reputation to take a hit as well.
Maybe his practice is so busy that he is farming out all the arm cases to his interns?
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#719 Post by Zephyrs »

Well, I haven't been this excited about a season opener in QST. Reno has a number of young players who we expect to see significant upward development (Ayers, Bowels, Stuart, Lawson, Norman). We also have high hopes that SP Hector Rivera will bounce back from his season ending injury from last year. And finally, we have brought in several free agents we hope can get this team from basement dweller to respectable team (Ricardo Aguilar, Dominic Maye, Hai-Liang Choe, Rusty Butler, Conner Hurst, Seon-chin Pak, Tse-peng Yong, Steve Hall). We believe we have added a ton of WAR to this team. Let's get this party started!
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#720 Post by Borealis »

Good Ole Rusty just doesn't want to leave the Desert-Hills...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”