Music to Their Ears

Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Music to Their Ears

#1 Post by Coqui »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

At every game at Svab Memorial Stadium, the speaker system blasts music directly prior to each at bat. Ever wonder how these songs get selected? Read on.

Jack Cobb usually strolls to the plate to "Crazy" by Britney Spears. Cobb said of Spears, "I think she is more silly than crazy, but I really like the song. I think there is a little girl inside of each of us that just wants to wear pigtails and jump around.” Cobb, interestingly, was wearing pigtails for the interview.

The more reserved Gerardo Soto prefers "Rhapsody in Blue" by George and Ira Gershwin. Soto was unavailable for comment but, honestly, who wants to hear from a guy that comes to the plate to that? I know it really gets me pumped... no.

Rubén Valentín, who is as close to average as you can get, prefers to listen to an iPod while he plays. Yes, you read that correctly. "My music is a matter of personal taste," said Rubén, who must listen to some really crappy stuff. "The rest of the world can listen to whatever they so choose and leave me to mine."

Things get fairly prosaic after that. Geoffery Porter likes "anything by T.I.” We'll assume he doesn't actually mean that, given some of Mr. I's efforts are less than sterling. Luis Hernández takes his practice hacks to "Jamboree" by Naughty by Nature. "I really am naughty by nature; it isn't because I hate 'cha," said Hernández. Please contact me at thisisnotmyrealemail@cantonrep.com if you have any idea what he could possibly mean by that.

The rumour mill is turning on the banks of the Tusc. West Virginia second sacker Tom Kirkland is getting a look from the front office in an attempt to fill the gap at second base left by the departure of David Bell. David Koch is currently in that role, but could be moving to hapless Omaha as part of another deal.

Speaking of Omaha, they suck.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

I'm so happy to see Jack Cobb in the news again. He looks good in pigtails. :lol:
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Jason »

Your team can afford a sound system?
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by klewis »

Pigtails and a moustache. Not something I expected or wanted to see on the front page of PEBA. I think I am scarred for life.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

Well, that's Jack Cobb for you. Actually, that's kind of mild for Cobb. You may want to run a search on his name in the homepage's search bar to get a feel for what he's all about. I'll just say he's... different.

I should mention that I spent about 15 minutes looking for a picture of a guy with a mustache and pigtails before I broke down and threw together that Photoshop job of Cobb. :lol:
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I should mention that I spent about 15 minutes looking for a picture of a guy with a mustache and pigtails before I broke down and threw together that Photoshop job of Cobb. :lol:
:shock:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Ghosts »

you know, canton could have simply run that picture without any text (though i know the commish hooked them up with it) and it would have been my favorite post of the year.

you had me at the picture, canton, you had me at the picture.

Return to “League News and Articles”