Winter Meetings, 2025

What possible days for the Winter Meetings are you able to attend? Click all that apply.

Poll ended at Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Sat., Sept 2nd
18%
Sun., Sept 3rd
18%
Sat., Sept 9th
32%
Sun., Sept 10th
29%
None of the Above
3%

Total votes: 34

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Winter Meetings, 2025

#31 Post by Ghosts »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Bears wrote:Side note- the bears plan was to overpay in FA. Duane was right. Happy with the aggregate of the Maes trade and signing. We actually got him cheaper than what his extension demand was, believe it or not.
:angry-cussingblack: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
Sorry Duane, the part we didn't expect was him only making 2 starts for Kentucky. How much was he asking for from you when he started negotiating?
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Duane »

He refused to negotiate until after season and manager Arnold retired. Then he wanted 25m .... fat chance from a Ky budget. I noticed over the weekend that there are players making 37m .... our top guy is 18m (less than half of the other top paid players).

Every year we make money and yet the greedy owner keeps tight fist on the profits. Having only 6m to deal with Arby and FA we were again forced to sell off and not aquire top talent .... must continue to trade for picks, draft well, develop, and promote from within. ANd now the new challenge - our new scout does not agree with the former scouts reports.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Ghosts »

Thoroughbreds wrote: ANd now the new challenge - our new scout does not agree with the former scouts reports.
I've always wondered if changing your scouting director frequently could be a good move because you get a lot of differing opinions. If everyone says a guy is gonna be good, he probably will be. Is there any benefit to having 1 scouting director long-term?
Dan Vail
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by Borealis »

Thoroughbreds wrote:He refused to negotiate until after season and manager Arnold retired. Then he wanted 25m .... fat chance from a Ky budget. I noticed over the weekend that there are players making 37m .... our top guy is 18m (less than half of the other top paid players).

Every year we make money and yet the greedy owner keeps tight fist on the profits.
Sounds like time to use some CP to kick that tight wad out!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#35 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:
Thoroughbreds wrote:He refused to negotiate until after season and manager Arnold retired. Then he wanted 25m .... fat chance from a Ky budget. I noticed over the weekend that there are players making 37m .... our top guy is 18m (less than half of the other top paid players).

Every year we make money and yet the greedy owner keeps tight fist on the profits.
Sounds like time to use some CP to kick that tight wad out!!
LOL! MIKE. :clap:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#36 Post by Alleghenies »

[quote="Thoroughbreds"
Every year we make money and yet the greedy owner keeps tight fist on the profits. Having only 6m to deal with Arby and FA we were again forced to sell off and not aquire top talent .... must continue to trade for picks, draft well, develop, and promote from within. ANd now the new challenge - our new scout does not agree with the former scouts reports.[/quote]

How much did he take from you?

Mine usually is between 3.5-7 million a year.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#37 Post by Sandgnats »

Mine usually takes around 2 million. He took just under 2 this year because we didn't make as much profit. Revenue was slightly down.
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#38 Post by Wind Dancers »

Sandgnats wrote:Mine usually takes around 2 million. He took just under 2 this year because we didn't make as much profit. Revenue was slightly down.

Only 2 ?!?

I'm in the greedy owner club as my owner took $41mil this season and 44 last season. And he only bumped up my budget by $4mil despite making it to the league championship.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#39 Post by Sandgnats »

Harpoon wrote:
Sandgnats wrote:Mine usually takes around 2 million. He took just under 2 this year because we didn't make as much profit. Revenue was slightly down.

Only 2 ?!?

I'm in the greedy owner club as my owner took $41mil this season and 44 last season. And he only bumped up my budget by $4mil despite making it to the league championship.
What a scum bag!
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by Borealis »

Dang!! That's crazy... this was the first season in a while my illegitimate son/owner didn't take money - which is a good thing since we have none... :-o
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis wrote:Dang!! That's crazy... this was the first season in a while my illegitimate son/owner didn't take money - which is a good thing since we have none... :-o
That wasnt the owner, you guys just responded to the wrong spam and deposited into the Bears account. How you think we could afford to pay Maes & Massacre?
Dan Vail
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#42 Post by Borealis »

Borealis wrote:Dang!! That's crazy... this was the first season in a while my illegitimate son/owner didn't take money - which is a good thing since we have none... :-o
Yeah, Mikey Jr took $19M after 2024, $4M after 2023 and $10M after 2021 - or was than me? I can't remember when I died...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”