Yuma Reaches Out

Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yuma Reaches Out

#1 Post by Arroyos »

There has been a stirring in the desert. In the City of Yuma, the Bulldozers front office, after much time idle, has been making some changes. GM Jared Dobney told reporters "Well, we are basically tired of sucking and taking the bottom every time." Dobney seemed a little dejected at his teams chances over the next few years, and admitted "It will take a little time for any adjustments to take hold. We will be trying though. We have an ok fan base, but are waiting for our Jessica Simpson to come along and garner some attention for the team."

Dobney also disclosed that the team was looking to pick up some talent in the upcoming Rule 5 draft. "We were really hoping to get in some young and fresh talent to the club and get the team and everyone affiliated excited again about the season." While he would not disclose names, Dobney did say he was "hopeful" and "sober more often" with recent events.

With change coming to Yuma, the management is looking toward the fans to back some of the riskier moves that may be necessary. "The fans really need to back us. We've had some more or less solid attendance... I think. After they stopped throwing [stuff] at me, I stopped paying attention," said Dobney. "They'll have to back us and realize that it's worth it when we start winning games. I think we've got a real shot and hitting close to .500 on the win percentage this Spring Training."

While it may take a while, it is at least encouraging to see some movement out of the once stagnent management of the Bulldozers. Who knows what the next season will bring; possibly hope to the struggling team.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

Glad you're feeling better Jared! We're looking forward to seeing you get Yuma turned around. This would be a great time to contact the Bulldozers about trades!
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by klewis »

Good luck with the rebuilding project. Maybe we can swing some deals once I'm firmly entrenched into the league.

Speaking of Yuma, 3:10 to Yuma is a good movie :)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Featherheads wrote:Speaking of Yuma, 3:10 to Yuma is a good movie :)
Yes it is. I'm assuming you're referring to the 2007 remake of course. One of the more enjoyable films I saw last year. Plus it was nice to see Firefly alum Alan Tudyk in a fairly major role for a major movie.
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Jason »

I just recognized him as Steve the Pirate from Dodgeball. That and the Luke Wilson cameo were both genius moves.
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by klewis »

Not to derail the initial topic but yes I was referring to the 2007 version. I am not much of a "Western" genre fan but I admit I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I thought the interactions between the two main characters were superb.

Return to “League News and Articles”