Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Admitting the Truth

#1 Post by Coqui »

Contributed by Canton Longshoremen
Monday, 22 September 2008

by Frank Terry, Canton Repository

11/25/2008: Canton, OH – It finally happened. The Canton Longshoremen have admitted that they are rebuilding. GM Brad Dobney was dejectedly wailing in his office and was not available for comment.

Sorry, folks. That's the whole story. I mean what do you want from me? More funny links? More Milian pics? I'm sorry, I'm only a man. I need something to work with and this [edited] hasn't given it to me. I mean, one good game in two years? One good draft pick? It's not like this place is a treasure trove of stories either. Canton in November isn't exactly Palm Springs. Let's do a me recap:

<if>My favorite story so far: Randolph Stevens. That was funny.
<if>Best story so far: Luis Hernández. What a freak. Who knows how that whole thing is going?
Saddest story so far: Milian leaves. My God, what a treasure trove she was. Did I tell you about the time she came to my hot tub? Maybe later.
Look, free agency can make a difference here. Maybe a second baseman or catcher can turn things around. Don't get me wrong, I love this town. Sometimes optimism is just hard to find.

Return to “League News and Articles”