CP Tracker

Find Information on Earning CP and Current Team Totals Here
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: CP Tracker

#61 Post by roncollins »

I think I have just over a thousand words of a front page article (10 CP?), and ... uh ... I have a blog?
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#62 Post by Arroyos »

Anyone recall what date in 2015 or 2016 we began PEBA's 2023 season? I have a vague recollection that the 2023 season started in January, is that right?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#63 Post by roncollins »

The first post of the "Neat things" thread for 2023 was Feb 15.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Hall of Famer

#64 Post by Arroyos »

Wind Dancers wrote:The first post of the "Neat things" thread for 2023 was Feb 15.
Thanks, Ron, that helps.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#65 Post by Borealis »

But... The count date is post-winter meetings...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#66 Post by roncollins »

Cool...so I have another 6 CP!

EDIT!!!!!:

So if I'm reading this right, my current total CP count is:

223 (on the current ledger)
15 (for my blog)
16 (for currently posted front page articles)
----

I can acquire as many as 69 more CP if I post another 6,900 words of articles on the front page.

Open Question: I know that if I post an article on the front page, I can then post it on the forum (and get a post!). Is it inappropriate to take a bunch of stuff I've written on the forum and post it to the front page?
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
All-Star

#67 Post by Nigel »

You can post what you want on the front-page as long as it's about current events, not just posted for postings sake (in the eyes of the board) lol or crafted into a story about past events

And as long as you complete by the Winter Meetings which is the cutoff date for this off season CP

And as Penalty for the many double and triple posting in contrary to the Constitution which says you should edit your previous post or wait until someone else has posted I have assessed you a 300 CP reduction
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#68 Post by roncollins »

PEBA Commish MK3 wrote:And as Penalty for the many double and triple posting in contrary to the Constitution which says you should edit your previous post or wait until someone else has posted I have assessed you a 300 CP reduction
I hereby tender my resignation.

Thank you and the board for everything you've done to make the PEBA a better place. I will follow you from afar, and always speak highly of you.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Hall of Famer

#69 Post by Borealis »

8-o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#70 Post by roncollins »

Wind Dancers wrote:
PEBA Commish MK3 wrote:And as Penalty for the many double and triple posting in contrary to the Constitution which says you should edit your previous post or wait until someone else has posted I have assessed you a 300 CP reduction

Thank you and the board for everything you've done to make the PEBA a better place. I will follow you from afar, and always speak highly of you.
After a couple PMs I've received, I feel the need to stop in here and say that:

1) Yes, I'm serious that I've resigned.
2) No, I'm not pissed off or mad. I just don't think the PEBA is the environment for me now. I don't think it fits my temperament (or visa versa). On top of that, I don't feel like I'm helping things, and I'm on the verge (or past it) of being a detriment to where everyone else wants to go. I do not want to be that guy (anymore?)
3) I have greatly enjoyed much of my time here, and the PEBA environment has made my life better. I will always recommend it to anyone who is looking for a league.

So, thanks for the great time. I hope you all the very best.

If you leave my account active, I'll check back in every now and again because I'm aleays interested in what's happening in the PEBAverse.

Ron
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Hall of Famer

#71 Post by Leones »

Ron you've always been a great fit in LRS/PEBA as far as I'm concerned and the league is lessened without your participation going forward. Best of luck to you!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by Arroyos »

Wind Dancers wrote:
Wind Dancers wrote:

After a couple PMs I've received, I feel the need to stop in here and say that:

1) Yes, I'm serious that I've resigned.
2) No, I'm not pissed off or mad. I just don't think the PEBA is the environment for me now. I don't think it fits my temperament (or visa versa). On top of that, I don't feel like I'm helping things, and I'm on the verge (or past it) of being a detriment to where everyone else wants to go. I do not want to be that guy (anymore?)
3) I have greatly enjoyed much of my time here, and the PEBA environment has made my life better. I will always recommend it to anyone who is looking for a league.

So, thanks for the great time. I hope you all the very best.

If you leave my account active, I'll check back in every now and again because I'm aleays interested in what's happening in the PEBAverse.

Ron
Ron, I'm shocked. I assumed you and the Commish were joking around. I can't imagine the PEBAverse without you, your wisdom or your wit. Not to mention your literary style. If I send you a truckload full of Colorado River water, will you reconsider?

Bob
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#73 Post by Borealis »

I'm with Bob on this - I'm flabbergasted that what seemed to be jovial give and take - which always seems to be indigenous to this community, lead to this. I do hope we see you back soon - you are such a valuable, respected member here!!
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#74 Post by Reg »

I am also shocked by this.

If you change your mind, the door is still wide open, Ron!
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#75 Post by roncollins »

Thanks, everyone. This isn’t about a flippant conversation. That was just the last (very little) straw. I’m going to bore you one more time, because I want to be clear about what I mean when I say this isn’t my league.

I love the guys. I love the personality of the mainline teams. I love the writing, I think Nigel and the Board are, like, super-saints for attempting to take this thing on. And I totally admire John’s original intent.

But …

While I see desire to “fix” PEBA’s competitive environment, I don’t have faith that what the league is doing will make significant impact.

-The media contract, having been done as it was, is like sending starving people six boxes of Twinkies while sending perfectly healthy people four boxes. Its announcement depressed me.
- In my opinion PEBA values trying to be “fair” to big rev teams above (or at least equal with) fixing the problem … which, since big revenue teams leverage resources better, actually means helping small revenue teams without any subsequent help to big revenue teams.
- Some very great people argue vehemently with me on this, and the league is following their direction. Cool enough. I could always be wrong. But I’m not in the mood to argue anymore. Even writing this piece makes me unhappy. It’s not worth it.
- The construction of the contraction draft—which I completely believe helped “big rev teams” at least as much if not more than “little teams” was really just the last thing.

Getting tied up in the silly CP rules (which are actually also slightly geared to big market teams—though it’s tiny enough not to really matter) … was annoying, but really the trigger is very far upstream. So, despite the great camaraderie and fun fiction, I’m pretty sure I’m not the owner for this league. The fact that some folks who are in key slots are surprised at my action probably just confirms it.

So … anyway … that’s the deal.

Please do have great season.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers

Return to “Contribution Points Awards & Tracking”