Hello!

Pineapple

#16 Post by Pineapple »

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

I do like Billy Beane as our GM actually. Granted I do get sick of seeing players leave and get traded. But for the most part, he has gotten the most mileage out of our team since the post Tony LaRussa days.

He had a nice run of playoff appearances during the early 2000s. Most of his moves have not been so bad.

Not resigning Giambi
Not resigning Zito
Mulder trade netted Danny Haren
Swisher traded netted Ryan Sweeney and a good pitching prospect

I guess the bad trades so far would include Hudson, McGwire and Harden. Then again I cannot him trading Harden. The guy (Harden) is made out of glass.

I guess the only frustrating thing is seeing the small market excuse. A's are profitable each (sure not like the Yankees) but still they make a decent profit. My only frustration is seeing only 10-14 thousand fans at the ballpark. Then again, I blame Al Davis for that ugly structure in centerfield.

Yeah I am not sure if anyone wants to trade with me just yet. You might get the short end of the stick :)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Reg »

how much is the short end of the stick making a year? :grin:
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Pineapple

#18 Post by Pineapple »

Short end of the stick is making just about as much as I don't know. But he makes just as much today as tomorrow. But I am not sure if he makes more than who or what. But I don't ask why.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”